Thursday, November 30, 2017

Review: Broken

Title: Broken
Author: Ellie Messe
(May contain Spoilers)

Synopsis:

Mama didn’t come home.
Daddy liked to hit.
Brothers followed suit.

So I ran.

I ran from that life.
I ran from myself.
I ran into him.

I have no experience with the game board we’re playing on, and that makes this a lethal game. One wrong move and my heart could land in the fire he’s created inside me. Worse, it could lead my past to his doorstep and it won’t just be my blood that taints this floor.

I should run. I need to run.

My father is the devil in a flesh suit, he won’t be happy until he paints this town red for my betrayal.

I should run. I need to run.

Because despite my feelings for Parker Hayes, the devil is coming and he wants what’s his.

Review::
Well first its 3:30 am- and I stayed up to finish this book. Where do i even begin with this review. Normally I don't bring the author into a review, but Ellie Messe is a sweetheart. I was concerned going into this book that it may trigger me- and Ellie took time out of her day to message me and we talked it out. Yes, there are some hard topics in this book- there is abuse, mention of self harm, and mention of rape. But, it is still a fantastic read & i would recommend it.
Onto the book!
This book follows Haley's story. She ran away from her home- trying to make it on her own with a few dollars cash, and a fake ID. She didn't plan on making roots & ties- because she knew she was on the road, but that is exactly what happens when she makes it to Pheonix Arizona. But what happens when her past catches up to her?
She is left with impossible decisions. Does she bare her secrets, and actually let people in, or does she run and break all ties she may have found for herself?
Honestly, I really loved this story. I loved Parker, and Drew, and i related to Haley in more ways then one. This book brought me through so many emotions. And it does deal with some tough topics for me- but I am so glad i read it. I absolutely loved it. I give it 5⭐ out of 5⭐. It was an amazing story, and i can't wait to see what author Ellie Messe comes out with next.
I received this ARC for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment