Skip to main content

Review: Limelight

Title: Lime light
Author: Alyson Santos
Blurb:

I’m unpredictable.
A genius, an underachiever.
I’m the song, the voice, the passion, the pain.
I am failure.
I do music because it’s what I am, but sometimes that’s not enough.
A slave to my nature, I wait for it to show mercy and drop a gift in my lap.
Because the music chose me.
I’m its victim not its gift.

She destroyed my career.
Ruined my life.
Pushed me from the shadows and exposed my lies.
She’s the fire that destroys lesser men,
and now her flames are aimed at me.

She loves to watch me burn,
but the part we never saw coming?
Sometimes it takes a fire to ignite a spark
And slay the darkness.

**THIS IS A CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE STANDALONE**

Review:

This book. This book right here.
Jesse is frontman to the band Limelight him, his brother and two friends are in. They were signed to a label and finally hitting it big, until Mila- a blogger with a huge following has her say in it. She tears their band apart- along with their dreams of becoming more than has beens and two-hit wonders.  
But what neither expect is Jesse fighting back against Mila. What more does Jesse have besides chasing his next high? But fighting with Mila? That's something he didn't expect. 
I loved loved loved this book. Hot rock Stars? Check. Banter between enemies? Check. A tortured soul? Check. Seriously. I loved and related and my heart went out to Jesse. He has been through so much, and deserves so much more than what he had been dealt in life. 
If you love rock stars and rock star romances than you definitely need to read this book. I give it 5⭐ out of 5⭐. This book gave me all the feels! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Reread: Forced Bonds

  Title: Forced Bonds  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: March 2022 They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer; What if they’re one and the same? The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion. Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am? Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences? *Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   Forced Bonds is book 4 in the Bonds That Tie series & must be read in order - you can find my Original Review Here Oh my god. Even though I...

Jan 2nd 2026 Newsletter

  Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday 😊!!  So it's been awhile since my last newsletter. - I'm unsure if this will be a weekly, bi weekly or monthly thing yet, bc it's a lot of work, but we'll see what the year brings. But let's start the new year with a Meet The Reader  Hi, my name is Natasha - my bday is January 3rd! I am a mom, & reader. I have a 10 - almost 11- year old daughter who also loves to read & a dog named Skye & a cat named Sunny and 4 goldfish. Besides books I also love Supernatural, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Marvel & Disney. My favorite season is Autumn & I love Halloween. You will most likely catch me listening to 2000's punk or emo music or other 90s-20s music - I rarely listen to music newer than 2015.  I am a mood reader - meaning I am constantly picking up & putting down books trying to find something that hold my attention,& I will read anything from YA/NA, to fantasy, romantasy, romance, da...