Thursday, August 30, 2018

Review: Black Wings Beating

Title: Black Wings Beating
Series: Skybound
Author: Alex London
Release Date: September 25
 Blurb:

The people of Uztar have long looked to the sky with hope and wonder. Nothing in their world is more revered than the birds of prey and no one more honored than the falconers who call them to their fists.

Brysen strives to be a great falconer--while his twin sister, Kylee, rejects her ancient gifts for the sport and wishes to be free of falconry. She's nearly made it out, too, but a war is rolling toward their home in the Six Villages, and no bird or falconer will be safe.

Together the twins must journey into the treacherous mountains to trap the Ghost Eagle, the greatest of the Uztari birds and a solitary killer. Brysen goes for the boy he loves and the glory he's long craved, and Kylee to atone for her past and to protect her brother's future. But both are hunted by those who seek one thing: power.

Review:

Ok, first things first. Alex London is a new to me author. I haven't read any of his previous works before.
And I am a total cover lover. This cover Drew me in, piqued my interest. And I love birds. (Ok I love almost all animals. But something about birds... I love reading about them.)
And this blurb had me wanting to know what happens...
Brysen and Kylee are twins living in the Six Villages. Brysen strives to be a great falconer. And his sister Kylee rejects the ancient gifts she has, hoping to be free from falconry.
Brysen journeys up the treacherous mountian, his sister following suit to help keep him safe, to try to trap the Ghost Eagle- the greatest and most hard to capture bird, while a war towards their village, no bird or falconer will be safe from.
Can these siblings master catching the great Ghost Eagle? Or will they die in the very same Talons as their father had? Both the twins and Eagle are hunted by those who only seek power amongst themselves, can either be saved?
I will admit it was a bit of a slow start for me, and in fact took me three tries to get into it. But I think it was only because I am a mood reader, and the first two tries I just wasn't in the mood for a fantasy novel. Once I got into it I really enjoyed it. It was a great read about siblings who would do anything for love, and for each other, even if it meant they died protecting those they loved. They made friends and enemies along the way and did something no one else could. They conquered against the odds stacked against themonly to be faced with even more challenges ahead. I can't wait to find out what else these twins have in store for them.
Over all it was a great read. I connected with Brynsen - and felt for him. And I loved how strong and caring his sister Kylee was. They rose up from the ashes of their lives like pheonixes, giving hope to the village that maybe they all can survive the threat of war.
4⭐ out of 5⭐.

No comments:

Post a Comment