Monday, February 18, 2019

Review: Love Lost Her Way

Title: Love Lost Her Way
Author: Julie Anne Addicott
Release Date: Feb 22

Blurb:

LOVE LOST HER WAY
A tragic story about a girl who lost all hope.

From the outside, my life was picture perfect. On the inside, something sinister lurked.
I thought he was sick. I thought I could fix him.
All I wanted was for him to love me.

I was used and abused. Sold to the highest bidder.
Unloved. Unseen. Unheard.

Until Declan.
He was my saviour. He helped me believe in the power of unconditional love.
Then, he was gone.

When love is lost, and there’s no hope left, how do you go on?

**This is not a romance novel, nor is it a sweet story about love. It is a tragedy and includes themes that may be triggering to some readers. Love Lost Her Way is recommended for ages 18 and over.** 


Review: 

Although this book does have some romance in it, this is not a romance novel. It follows Carlie, a girl who was abused, in more ways then one, lose all hope. Until she met Declan. He shined hope and light into her life. He helped show her the power of love- not just what she grew up believing was love- he saved her. And then, he was gone. How does Carlie go on when there is no hope left and love is lost?
This book was raw, emotional, powerful, and heartbreaking. It took me days to read it, because of how much emotion it pulled from me in it's grip. It was such a beautiful written tragic tale of a girl who grew up with so much abuse- physical, sexual. It was hard to read at some points, because I related to Carlie and some of the things she had been through. Glad I continued reading - to find out how Carlie's story ended. How she went from such tragedy, to who she was at the end. Even though the story was raw & heartbreaking it was still written beautifully. And this will be a story that stays with me for a long time, burried deep in the marrows of my bones. 4.5 tear stained ⭐s out of 5⭐.
Warning: this book is recommended for 18 yrs old & up. There is some subjects that may be triggering to read. This isn't a romance novel, but rather a tragedy that contains romance.



Preorder links: 


No comments:

Post a Comment