Skip to main content

Review: Rock Bottom


Title: Rock Bottom
Series: Dawson Family series
Author: Emily Goodwin
Release Date: Feb 17


Rory’s life is a mess. After getting dumped by her boyfriend, let go from her job, and losing her apartment, she takes a chance on a new job in a new town. Things can’t get any worse, right?

Wrong.

When the foundation of Dean Dawson’s life crumbles to pieces at his feet, he swears off relationships of any kind and goes back to a life of bachelorhood, loving and leaving different women every night.

After dodging what could possibly be the world’s worst blind date, Rory finds herself face to face with Dean—a temptation she knows she should avoid. It’s just one night, and there’s no harm in having a little fun.

Wrong again.

They say when you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up, but nothing is ever that simple.


Gahhh, I have been waiting for this book since before it was even in the making! I love the Dawson family, and can't get enough! And Dean Dawson is no different.
After Dean's love life crumbles at his feet, he swears off relationships all together. Going back to his love them & leave them ways, his sister tries to interview. What is one date going to hurt? Except she cancels at the last possible moment. He then meets Rory.
Rory has hit rock bottom. Dumped by her boyfriend, lost her job, and ready to lose her apartment it is time for a change. New town, new job and her first night on the town she meets Dean. One night stands aren't Rory's style, but what is just one night?
Honestly I loved this book!
As the Dawson family books progressed and you seen little snippets of Dean- I wanted him to get his own book, and own HEA- and this book definitely doesn't disappoint! Dean is jaded towards relationships and opening up to someone again- but after his relationship imploded you can't blame him. He doesn't want to get close to anyone.
Rory's life exploded- not only did she lose her job, and is losing her apartment, her boyfriend dumped her because he didn't want anything serious- even though Rory does.
Dean and Rory meet by chance, and have a fun and steamy night neither can get out of their head. But one night stands and flings aren't Rory's style but Dean might not be ready to get into a relationship- where does that leave them?
This book was fun, and witty and sweet and adorable all rolled into one. If you are looking for a relationship that starts with a one night stand then you need to pick up this book! I loved Dean's story, and loved seeing more from the Dawson family. I cannot wait to see what Emily comes out with next! 5 Rock Bottom ⭐ 's out of 5⭐.






Apple: https://apple.co/2Y1mBjp
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2R3ApZi
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2DqNy6G
Kobo: http://bit.ly/34AnamC

Add to Goodreads TBR: http://bit.ly/368ggWC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Reread: Forced Bonds

  Title: Forced Bonds  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: March 2022 They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer; What if they’re one and the same? The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion. Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am? Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences? *Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   Forced Bonds is book 4 in the Bonds That Tie series & must be read in order - you can find my Original Review Here Oh my god. Even though I...

Jan 2nd 2026 Newsletter

  Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday 😊!!  So it's been awhile since my last newsletter. - I'm unsure if this will be a weekly, bi weekly or monthly thing yet, bc it's a lot of work, but we'll see what the year brings. But let's start the new year with a Meet The Reader  Hi, my name is Natasha - my bday is January 3rd! I am a mom, & reader. I have a 10 - almost 11- year old daughter who also loves to read & a dog named Skye & a cat named Sunny and 4 goldfish. Besides books I also love Supernatural, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Marvel & Disney. My favorite season is Autumn & I love Halloween. You will most likely catch me listening to 2000's punk or emo music or other 90s-20s music - I rarely listen to music newer than 2015.  I am a mood reader - meaning I am constantly picking up & putting down books trying to find something that hold my attention,& I will read anything from YA/NA, to fantasy, romantasy, romance, da...