Sunday, May 24, 2020

Review: Jackson


Title: Jackson
Series: Rydeville Elite series
Author: Siobhan Davis
Release Date: May 27


The devil came to me in disguise. Too bad I didn’t notice until it was far too late.

Vanessa:
The devil doesn’t always wear an evil mask.
Sometimes, he appears in the most beautiful form.
Like the super-hot bad boy with the dirty-blond hair and a wicked glint in his blue eyes who swept in out of nowhere, stealing all the air from my lungs.
I thought he was my savior.
But he’s my ruination.
And he’s just taken a machete to my heart.

Jackson:
For years, my rage seethed under the surface. Hidden behind a cloudy haze of my poison of choice.
But now, the fog has cleared.
And I’m out for blood.
I will annihilate those responsible for taking my sister from me.
Except he’s not here, so I go for the next best target.
The woman he abandoned.
Until it suited him to drag her into this messed-up elite world.
Sucks to be her.
Because when I’m done with Vanessa, she’ll wish she was dead.

An interconnected standalone dark romance set in the Rydeville High Elite world. 120k word full-length novel. Due to mature content and themes, this book is recommended to readers aged eighteen and over. Some scenes may be triggering.


Although this is a standalone Dark Romance (Trigger Warning: Some content may be triggering), it is best to read this series in order since it's all interconnected in the Rydeville Elite world. 

For years, Jackson's rage simmered beneath the surface. And now, he's out for revenge, out for the blood of those who were responsible for his sister. Except, the one responsible isn't around, so he will be going after the next best thing, his daughter. When Jackson is done with her, she will wish that she was dead.
The devil doesn't always wear a mask, sometime's he appears under a pretty face. A truth that Vanessa know's all to well. But when Jackson, a super hot bad boy, with dirty blond hair and blue eyes gives her the time of day, how could she say no? She thought he would be her savior, but instead he wound up being her ruination. 

I have been dying to find out the story behind Jackson since book one. He was broken, and gave Kai a run for his money in the jerk department. He was hell bent on his plan for revenge, regardless who he hurt in the process. I felt for him, and everything he had been through. 
And I loved how strong and resilient Vanessa was. Whatever she had been through she survived and came out stronger in the end- and that included Jackson as well. They were a perfect match for each other, she was able to stand up to him, and when he pushed her, she pushed back. I loved their back and forth, and all the moments between the two characters.
I also loved seeing past favorite characters make appearances as well. And can't wait to read more about this crazy dark world, and these characters! 

Some of the content was a little hard for me to read- having been through similar situations myself, it was dark and twisted and I still enjoyed reading this story, and about these characters!If you love dark and twisted romance books, you need to read this series!  4 corrupted ⭐'s out of 5⭐. 


Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3g4Jr2m


Pre-order your copy today!
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/Jacksonsd


No comments:

Post a Comment