Sunday, September 26, 2021

Review: Heir Of Night

 


Title: Heir of Night

Series: Thorne Hill

Author: Emily Goodwin 

Release Date: October 2021



Break out of hell. Stop the impending apocalypse. Have a baby. Just a typical Tuesday night for me, right? The odds are against me, and you can only get lucky so many times before the luck runs out.

Because even if I somehow manage to pull that all off, I have to do it without alerting my celestial relatives that I’ve been alive and kicking this whole time. It would be a death sentence not only for me, but also for my father who risked everything to protect me. What it would mean for my daughter…I don’t know, but I can’t imagine she’ll be welcomed with loving arms by the very beings who want to murder her mother.

I’m not alone in the fight, and I’m not sure what scares me more: the thought of losing or the lengths those who love me are willing to go to in order to protect both me and my daughter. Lucas will do whatever it takes to keep me safe, and I don’t want to live in a world without him in it. I won’t let him risk it all for me, but if one of us doesn’t make a sacrifice, there’s a scary chance our daughter could grow up without either of her parents…or not get the chance to grow up at all.



OMG OMG OMG!!!

First thing is, this is book 8 in the Thorne Hill series and it MUST be read in order to understand everything going on. So definitely start with Dead of Night & continue the story before jumping into book 8, or continuing my review because it may contain spoilers for the series. 

So, if you don't already know, I absolutely LOVE Thorne Hill series. And this one is no different. Callie and Lucas have been through sooo much together, and after the way book 7 ended I needed to get my hands on Heir of Night, and was not disappointed. Callie was in hell with her uncle, and needed to get out, back to Lucas, save the world from the apocalypse and safely have her baby. But of course things aren't so easy, and she can only be so lucky before her luck finally runs out. 

Seriously I absolutely loved this book and devoured it. I love Callie and Lucas' story. The magic, adventure, danger and love of the characters not to mention the amazing friendships, the paranormal and everything else these book bring. Callie may be pregnant but she doesn't let that stop her, or even slow her down in the way of being the most powerful witch their is. She still fights demons, still tries to save the world and still is the bada** she always has been- but even more so, because now she is doing it WHILE pregnant. Lucas is still one of the oldest and most powerful vampires around, who wants nothing more than keeping Callie, and the baby safe and loving them. Which is easier said then done when Callie impulsively heads into danger constantly. And I cannot wait to see where the story goes from here & what will happen next with Callie, Lucas, and everyone else in their circle of friends and family. 5⭐ out of 5⭐


No comments:

Post a Comment