Friday, April 7, 2023

Review: Broken Bonds

 


Title: Broken Bonds

Series: The Bonds That Tie 

Author: J. Bree

Release Date: June 2021




After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds.

I was sure everything would be okay if I had them.

It wasn’t.

The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone.

After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from.

I thought I was doing the right thing.

Now, I’m not so sure.

North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure.

I won’t ever forgive myself.


*Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations.



After five years being on the run, Oleander was caught and brought back to the men she ran away from. Her Bonds North, Nox, Atlas Gryphon and Gabe may never forgive her. But that's okay, because she won't forgive herself either. 

But when trouble is lurking just around the corner, Oli has to decide if sharing the details with her Bonds may just get them all killed in the end. 

So, I fell into this story, and loving it. It starts off slow, and builds up to more as you meet each of the characters- Oli, her Bonds and the friends she makes on the way. But I'm also left feeling a little lost and confused too, as if I'm missing something. A chapter or prequel of what might have happened (& hoping that within the following books it's cleared up). Either way, I am loving the story and characters & cant wait to learn more about each of them in turn. I don't know enough yet about any of them to have a favorite, but it won't be long before I do. 

This book is a paranormal RH/why choose romance & an intro into the world with the gifted- those who have magic & non-gifted- the humans who coexist with them, and the Bonds- which are who are fated to be together. And the Resistance, those who are against the gifted. 

It was a quick read & I cannot wait to read more from this series & see what happens next. 

4⭐ out of 5⭐. 

3🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 

Trigger Warnings: NatashaReadsBooks: Trigger Warnings (www.natadhareadsbooksbookblog.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment