Saturday, June 30, 2018

Book Tag: June Wrap Up

Every month i was planning on doing a monthly wrap up, and recap the books i read for the month, along with my top reads. My top reads for May were Bane by LJ Shen, a Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas, Crowned with Guilt by SK Rose, We Are the Stars by Teagan Hunter and Cheat Codes by Emily Goodwin. 
Seriously, I loved them all. (You can find my full recap Here).
In June l I read a total of 07 books. 

First book I Read was the Right Stud by Ilsa Madden Mills & Tia Louise. This book is funny, filled with dogs, a goat, and a bad mouthing parrot. It was a nice, sweet summer time read- perfect for the beach or pool side!
Get your hands on the Right Stud.
4⭐ out of 5⭐ review.

After I finished up the right Stud I read Traitor by Alyson Santos. I was drawn into this story- always needing to know what happens next, and trying to put the facts together and make sense of everything going on. I loved it- it was a combination of romance and dystopian. Set in a civil war that has been going on for years. It was sweet, heart wrenching, and thought provoking.  I loved Kaleb and my heart went out to him and everything he had been through. 4.5 amazing ⭐ out of 5⭐ review

After Traitor I started I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting. This was a perfect summer read. It was light, funny, and beach oriented. I usually jump head first into books- not coming up until I finish, but I took this one at a more relaxing pace reading over the course of a couple days instead of staying up all night. I liked the story and characters, but didn't fall madly in love, or obsess over it. Pierce was a rich, cocky, asshole and Rian was smart, sexy, butselfconcious about a past she couldn't change. I enjoyed the push & pull, and the humor throughout. 4⭐ out of 5⭐ review

Then I jumped into Gent by Harloe Rae. This book was a quick, fun, and dirty read. Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes so I was quick to snatch this book up. And mixing together a dirty mechanic and a master Baker was a recipe for a sexy read. I loved Raven's personality and her friendship with Deliliah. And I loved Trent. He was dirty, sexy, assholish and vulnerable. Their relationship was a constant push and pull, even if it did move a bit quickly. 4⭐ out of 5⭐ review.

Then I ended up DNF at 66% Save The Date by Carrie Aarons. But just because it wasn't for me doesn't mean you won't like it! 

I then read I Don't by Andrea Johnston. This book was light, fluffy, and fun. Lucas was hot and swoon-worthy, there was loads of sexual tension, and some tequila shots. And of course the drama. This book is a great summtime read filled with a road trip, puppies, stripping, and had a great list of songs (I mean, hello 80's music!) If you are looking for a fun read this summer pick up a copy of I Don't, and say I Do to a stripper (or two 😉). 4⭐ out of 5⭐ review.

After I Don't I started Chasing Him by Kennedy Fox. And just like any other Kennedy Fox book I fell in love with the characters and the story. We found out more about John who was the quiet and mature Bishop Brother, we meet John's baby, and meet Mila Charmichiel- the Nanny, and love interest of John. Plus what's a Bishop book without the rest of the Bishop family making appearances? 4.5 ⭐ out of 5⭐ review

After Chasing him, I was in a bit of a book funk. But I picked up Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa. This book was filled with angst. Drama, love, heartache, mystery, adventure. I was taken to another world, and smitten with the characters. I loved Des. And how he had helped Callie through so much. And loved Callie. She may have been a victim once- but she fought each day to not be a victim again. She wasn't perfect, but she was strong, and a fighter. And I can't wait to see where the story takes these characters next. 4⭐ out of 5⭐ review.


No comments:

Post a Comment