Monday, November 25, 2019

Review: Six Weeks of Loving You

Title: Six Weeks of Loving You
Author: Karli Perrin
Release Date: Nov 26
mybook.to/SixWeeksofLovingYou


BLURB -

The news reporters called it a disaster.
The doctors called it a miracle.
I could still walk. I could still talk. I could still remember every little detail about the train crash.
Until I couldn’t.
Six weeks later, I lost my memory.
I woke up believing that it was the morning of the accident.
Six weeks after that, it happened again.
I have retrograde amnesia. I’ve damaged a part of my brain which allows me to recall the recent past. In other words, I have an extremely limited short-term memory – six weeks to be exact.
The train derailed eighteen months ago.
I’ve relived that morning twelve times.
When I meet Spencer Hale, I put up a huge fight.
I won’t let him in. I can’t let him in. But with each day that passes, my walls begin to come down.
I get one step closer to loving him.
And one step closer to losing him.
Welcome to the train wreck that is my life.



Where do I even begin with this book? Every six weeks Cora wakes up without any memory of what happened during those six weeks. She was in a horrible accident which gave her amnesia. And then she meets Spencer Hale. She can't be with him. In six weeks she will forget he ever existed, leaving him behind. But as each day passes, her walls begin to crumble, bringing her one step closer to falling in love with him. And one step closer to losing him. 
This book... I am still at a loss for words. I seen this cover and read this blurb months ago, and just had to get my hands on it. This cover is gorgeous. And that blurb just drew me in. I had to know what happens... This story, and these characters made me feel sooo much. I laughed with them, I swooned with them, and I cried with them. It was such a amazing touching story, and beautifully written. Both Cora and Spencer's characters were relatable. And I understood where both Cora and Spencer were coming from. How could Cora essentially start a relationship, knowing that in six weeks she wasn't going to remember him? And how could Spencer not want to give it a shot- if it would be something that made both of them happy? Falling in love has never been so complicated. If you are looking for romance, and angst with a dash of melancholy and despair, then you need to pick up this book. 4.5 emotional ⭐'s out of 5 ⭐.




No comments:

Post a Comment