Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Review: Dash


Title: Dash
Author: Shantel Tessier
Release Date: June 2015


I've never been one to follow the rules...or the law, for that matter. But when you find yourself behind bars and being offered the opportunity of a lifetime, you take it. I agreed to race motorcycles for Johnny Knight. A very powerful man who wanted me on his team, even knowing I was a liability. But will he still feel that way once he finds out that I had a one-night stand with his daughter? I didn't mean for it to happen. I didn't even know who she was until she walked into his office wearing my shirt from the night before. Too bad that was all she wanted-one night. It really didn't matter who she was, I wanted more. So when she ran, I followed. I should have let her go. That would have been best for both of us. But I have never done what was right, why start now? I've always been willing to take a risk, no matter what it would cost me. And I knew she was worth it all.

I'm Erik Dashling, you can call me Dash. This is my story of how I willingly risked one dream for another. But everyone knows that not all dreams come true.



I don't even know what to say about this book. I gave myself a day or two to try an process everything, including my emotions, and I'm still at a loss for words.
Erik Dashling has never been one to follow the rules, or the law. So when he finds himself behind bars, again, he can't help but accept the opportunity of a lifetime that presents itself. Dash loves pushing his bike, so when Johnny Knight wanted him on his motorcycle race team, of course Dash agrees. Johnny knew Dash was a liability. But will Johnny still want Dash when he finds out he had a one-night stand with his daughter? That was all she wanted, but after one taste, Dash wanted more. So when she ran he followed. Maybe he should have let her go, but Dash was never one for doing what was right. He has always been willing to take a risk, no matter the cost, and Tabatha was worth it all.
This is the story of how Dash was willing to risk one dream for another. But everyone knows that not all dreams come true.
I loved Dash. He had the bad-boy don't care about anything but himself vibe. He did what he wanted, rules be damned. And motorcycle racing? How hot is that?! Seriously, you need to have Dash in your life!
Tabatha was trying to find herself again. She was strong-willed and honest, and said it like it is. She knew what she wanted, and went for it. But she also had a past. They both did. And it tried to catch up to them, no matter how fast they tried to run from it.
Their relationship was a whirlwind of emotions. One minute you are swooning, and cheering them on, and the next you are sobbing into your pillow. This book will wreck you, in the best way. The HEA may not be traditional, or one that you expect, but it does try to sooth your soul after it shatters your heart.
If you haven't grabbed your copy of Dash yet, what are you waiting for? It was an amazing read. 4.5 ugly-cry ⭐'s out of 5 ⭐.



Add to TBR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25410213-dash

Amazon US - http://goo.gl/rStiWa
Amazon UK - http://goo.gl/hkBHWd
Amazon CA - http://goo.gl/wfmWrU
Amazon AU - http://goo.gl/rIyL6p

No comments:

Post a Comment