Thursday, July 9, 2020

Review: the Dark Side series

Series: the Dark Side
Author: Kristy Cunning


Title: Four Psychos
GR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36550871-four-psychos


Blurb:

I'm not so different from most people.
Like everyone else, I have life goals.

Goal #1: Become a real girl instead of this invisible ghost thing I currently am.

Goal #2: Convince the four men I've been haunting for the past five years to pick me to be their new toy after goal one is complete.

Goal #3: Figure out who/what I am and why I can't remember anything past the five years I've been haunting this quad.

Goal #4: Eat popcorn.

See? Perfectly normal. Sort of.
Gotta start small, after all.
It's not like anyone else is perfect either.

**Sexual situations
**Reverse Harem
**Dark humor galore
**Language warning


REVIEW:

So I don't normally do a review for a series instead of each book individually, but with these books I just couldn't put them down!
These books MUST be read in order. And I'm sorry that it has taken me Soo long to read them. They are currently NOT available via amazon- but you might still be able to grab them via audible if you have it.
Also this is a dark, reverse harem paranormal romance series.

Paca is a ghost who has been looking on the lives of four roommates for the past few years hoping to become a real girl. She has a list of goals she would like to accomplish. One being to be with the four guys she's watched constantly. Then to find out who or what she is and last, to eat popcorn. Perfectly normal.

This book was amazing. Not only did it have four incredibly hot psychos, and a lost girl thrown into the mix, but there was also sooo much more than just the lust of the characters. It was a angsty and fast paced read, that had me on the edge of my seat needing more, which I dived into the rest of the series immediately after finishing this one!
Not only are you thrown into the mix with them, but you are also trying to figure out what is going on with them in the thick of things. This book had suspense and mystery and action. This book was definitely a whirlwind.
5 insanely dark ⭐ out of 5 ⭐.

PS- do not continue reading if you don't want to be spoiled of the rest of the series.


Title: Three Trials
GR:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36839899-three-trials


Blurb:

So, I've checked off some life goals and added a few new ones to my list.

Goal #5: Get out of hell's belly without letting my ungrateful charges die.

Goal #6: Get a new name that's more badass.

Goal #7: Stop wasting my breath on lectures and start annoying the quad hell squad every time they annoy me. Fight fire with fire. Ha! Another hell pun.

Goal 8: Find out who the hell killed me.

I'll add more. I don't want to overwhelm myself before I even finish checking off my old goals. But seriously, I really do need a more badass name, considering how much I have to keep saving my damsels in distress.

I probably shouldn't call them damsels, since they're a little murderous and all.

Maybe I should add seeing a hell-certified psychologist to my list of goals.


**Sexual situations/content
**Reverse Harem
**Dark humor galore
**Language warning


REVIEW:

Paca has been slowly checking off the goals from her list. She still has no memory of who she is or where she came from, but she knows that she is fiercely protective of the four men she landed in the middle of. Even if they don't appreciate her as much as she would like.
This book picks up where the first ends, and everything is taken up a notch. The angst has given away to steamy sex scenes, the danger more prominent then before, and the suspense hitting an all time high as the four murderous psychos and lost girl race to find the answers they have been seeking. This book is hot and fast paced and had me falling deeper into the trace of all the four men had to offer. And I still wanted more.
5 steamy ⭐ out of 5 ⭐.


Title: Two Kingdoms
GR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40667614-two-kingdoms


Blurb:

I'm getting a little tired of completing my goals, only to have the bar raised too substantially for me to transition at a productive pace...
I started off as a sad little ghost with an impossible crush on four really hot, Gothic guys with some attitude problems. Now I'm The Apocalypse, they're the Four Horsemen, and Lucifer is my fucked up daddy. Now my additional goals look like this?

Goal #9: Make a deal with the Devil without getting cheated, manipulated, or tricked.

Goal #10: Make my boys love me and take over the world...okay...so maybe just that first part. That second part sounds like it could take too much ambition, and I just don't have the drive for that.

Goal #11: Make cookies.

Goal #12: Call dibs on my favorite color.

Goal #13: Find out if my siblings or my father killed me and my boys...

**Sexual Content
**Dark humor
**Reverse Harem
**Language warning


REVIEW:

Paca finally learns some truth in who she had her psychos really are. She went from being a lonely, horny ghost crushing on four hot guys, to being The Apocalypse with her Four Horsemen, and the daughter to Lucifer himself in such a short while. Now, she must try to make a deal with the devil without being manipulated or tricked. And try to get the four wicked psychos to fall in love with her. Neither will be easy tasks. But everyone knows, Paca tries to aim for the impossible.
As the men and their lost girl learn more about who they are they struggle with the details. They have always stuck together and she has come and tried to weasel her way in and always up to scheming and games that the four have no idea what to do with her anymore, even if they can't resist her. Between wanting to ring her neck, and fucking her into submission they have the impossible task of learning their true nature and trying to harness their powers.
Just like the other books, this one was hot but so much more than just the sex. It had a power struggle of epic proportions, and suspense and forbodding of what is to come.
Another 5 wicked ⭐ out of 5 ⭐.


Title: One Apocalypse
GR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37541303-one-apocalypse


Blurb:

The life goals have stacked up since I started this journey as a sad, lonely little ghost. I’m not sure how things escalated so quickly from trying to be seen and heard, to bearing the weight of the world on my vain little shoulders.
As a result, my goals have gotten a little more serious…

Goal #14: Learn to take a hit without breaking or suffering some type of death.

Goal #15: Decide once and for all if I’m going to save or destroy the world. I’m not sure why people put this sort of responsibility on hell-spawn like me.

Goal #16: Practice my evil laugh, because all hell-spawn need a good evil laugh.

Goal #17: Find and kill all the unicorns. Mwahahahahaha.

Goal #18: Live to enjoy forever with the guys I sacrificed all my memories to save.

Goal #19: No matter what, they don’t get to die. Or I really will be THE Apocalypse.

We’re the most screwed up collection of antiheroes the world has ever seen, because the only thing that makes me want to save the world is knowing I could lose my boys forever if I don’t. It’s one HELL of a love story, you know?

**Sexual Content.
**Language Warning.
**Dark humor.
**Reverse Harem.
**Series FINALE. (Read in order: Four Psychos, Three Trials, Two Kingdoms, and One Apocalypse. This book cannot be read as a stand-alone.)


REVIEW:

Paca's life goals have been stacking up since she was just a lonely ghost who wanted to be seen and heard. Now she has the fate of the world resting on her vain little shoulders. But Paca and her four Horsemen are no heroes.
So between learning how to take a hit without suffering, and trying to decide if she is going to help save the world or destroy it, she knows one thing. She will stop at nothing to make sure her horsemen survive. Otherwise she really will become THE Apocalypse.
They are a screwed up set of antiheroes and the only thing pushing Paca to even WANT to save the world, is the fact that if she doesn't she could lose her boys forever.
This is more than just an epic love story of screwed up proportions.
I was soooo in love with these characters since the beginning and I needed to see this through to find out how their story ends. The lust, to steamy sex to love. The suspense and forbodding to find out answers to questions that we've been asking since the beginning. This conclusion peaked and climaxed and brought on emotion I wasn't expecting. Another 5 maddening ⭐ out of 5 ⭐.

No comments:

Post a Comment