Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Review: Her Dark Guardian



Title: Her Dark Guardian
Series: Elwood World novel
Author: Nicola Rose
Release Date: July 17



Blurb:


Author's Warning! Not all love stories get a happy-ever-after. This is a story of love — but it's the dark, messy, bittersweet story of love lost.

Where darkness lives, my tattered soul thrives.
Once, I was just a boy obsessing over a girl, struggling with a confusing malevolence inside. Becoming a vampire only exacerbated it, forcing me back into the shadows, wading through the hell of self-exiled purgatory.
That was the sacrifice I had to make — her happiness at the expense of my own.
You could say I'm a stalker.
I prefer the word guardian.
But what if I'm the one she needs protecting from the most?
Maybe one day I'll set her free, but one thing's for certain…
No one messes with Alice except me.

This is an Elwood World novel. Events in this book take place before those in the Elwood Legacy trilogy, where Leon is a side character. This can be read as a standalone at any time, before or after the trilogy.
Books in the Elwood Legacy Trilogy
Taste the Dark
Burn the Dark
Free the Dark
Books in the Elwood World collection
Her Dark Guardian



Review:

Oh My Goodness. I have noooooo idea what to even say about this book. I am at a loss for words.
First, let me warm you it IS Dark. And it's not a traditional HEA ending. But the story was soooooo good! If you love dark, messy, and bittersweet stories then this is the book for you.

Leon has always had and struggled with the darkness inside even as a young boy. He knew one day he would unleash it upon Alice, his forever girl, so he stays in the shadows, always watching, waiting. Stalking. Until one day he is drawn out of the shadows, and into Alice's arms. But even her light can't save him.
Becoming a vampire only heightened his darkness, and pushed him back into the shadows, sending him into his own self-purgatory of hell. Stalking. Being her very own guardian. But what if the one she needs protecting from the most, is Leon himself?

Seriously, this book was so enthralling, having me wanting to read it every spare moment I could, wanting to know how everything played out.
Leon was dark and brooding and broken. He had sadness and darkness locked inside, and I needed to know what made him the way he was, falling for him from the beginning.
Alice was far from perfect, she was flawed but still beautiful. She came into her own, shining despite everything around her.
Leon's and Alice's love was bittersweet. Their story more than just their time together. I loved every second of it. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
And I loved seeing characters from the Elwood Legacy Trilogy again. Although I have to admit it took me too long to realize it 😂😂

If you love brooding young men, and hot vampires and dark romance then THIS is the book for you!! Fall into the memorizing bittersweet tale of love-loss. 4.5  'who did you blind with your shine today' ⭐'s out of 5⭐.






He moves away. dragging a hand through his hair. “Go home, Alice. This place is a mess, you’re getting dirty.”

The full force of his intensity hits me in the chest. He’s practically vibrating with pent up energy, grease-stained and bloody hands clenched at his sides.

He scares me, and my panties are wet.

“Maybe I want to be a little dirty?” I offer, before I can catch myself.

“Don’t.” His head shakes. “This isn’t a game,” his voice drops as he stalks back over to me like a predator. My shadow boy. Beautiful and beastly all at once. My thighs clench.

Leon reaches me and stands toe to toe, looming over me where I sit on a stool, so hot he can ignite me with one lingering, smoldering gaze…

“My forever girl is far too pure to be dirtied up by the likes of me.” Leaning down, he runs a finger from my navel, along ribs, skirting past my breast and up my neck, leaving a faint trail of black grease and blood on my pink top.

“You’re wrong.” I look up from his hand, back into his eyes. “I want your shadows all over me. Paint me with your darkest desires—” I don’t finish the sentence because he grabs my waist and hauls me up, dumping me on the bench.

I gasp as he hoists my legs up, planting my feet on the wood, spreading me wide, right before him. He doesn’t even take my panties off, just drags them aside and dives straight for my core, his tongue working its magic right where I need it.

He adds his fingers and I come completely undone. I’m a trembling mess, choking on my own gasps of pleasure. He drives into me with such ferocity that the bench smacks against the wall behind it.

My words have unleashed the hidden thing inside him. It was simmering right on the surface and I pressed the release button. It’s something animal and intoxicating.

He’s only ever treated me like a gentleman would, a thoughtful and caring lover. And it’s amazing. But I won’t break if he gets a little rough, and clearly, by the way I can barely breathe right now, I want him to.

I’m suddenly yanked off the bench and pushed to my knees. “You want to get dirty, little Alice? Show me.” He pulls down his zip and unfastens the button on his jeans.

With shaky fingers, still tingling from orgasm, I drag the denim and his underwear down to his ankles. The ground beneath my knees is hard and dusty, I think there’s a loose screw digging into my shin… I don’t care. His erection is in my face and I feel like a whore.

I love it.

I’ve sucked him before, but it’s always been comfortable and safe. Never like this. Never so wild and reckless and controlling. Sure, we’ve been a little crazy and dabbled in public places, left the lights on, I’ve even played with myself in front of him… but this feels different.

He fists my hair and I groan in delight. Closing my eyes, I trace my tongue over the tip of his cock. His grip tightens. I tease his balls, stroking with my nails. Then I take him into my mouth, all the way, as far as I can go.

“Open your eyes, dirty girl. Look at me.”




Elwood Legacy Trilogy:



Trilogy Box Set:

Taste the Dark:

Burn the Dark:

Free the Dark:

Possessed By The Devil:


Broken By The Gladiator:



No comments:

Post a Comment