Friday, July 23, 2021

Review: Famished Part 2

 


Title: Famished Part 2

Series: Broken Series

Author: Ellie Messe

Release Date: May 2019



I’m a coward. 

I just wanted to forget. 
I just wanted an escape from reality. 
I didn’t ask for any of this. 

Hiding the truth just might kill me, but how can I come clean when everything around me is so twisted? 

Funerals, weddings, secrets…between them all, I’m losing myself. I’m not even sure I know who I am anymore. 

I missed the memo where families are built on lies. 
The truth is coming out, and everything is about to hit the f*cking fan. 

Due to mature content, recommended 18+ 


Oh my, wow! Where do I even begin?! 

I seriously love this book/s. I get why it was split into to, but REALLY?! That ending on book one got me all kinds of messed up. Oh and as if the anxiety and emotions stopped there? Nope they continue right through to book 2 (YES, you MUST read these books in order from Broken to Famished pt 1 & 2 to understand what is going on, this book picks up where pt 1 left off!)

Never a dull moment with the Hayes brothers and their girls. 

Funerals, weddings secrets and lies... Between everything going on, Emma takes the easy route instead of coming clean. It all started with her just wanting an escape and to forget, only to her now being a coward and hiding instead of facing the truth. But with everything so twisted up, there was never a moment... Instead she might just be losing herself. 

If it's not one thing, it's something else. Life has been crazy with no sign of slowing down or stopping, everything happening so fast. One misunderstanding could cost him, one wrong move could end him, one secret could save him. Crap is about to hit the fan, and the truth is about to come out, will Drew be ready to hear it?

God. I was a mess after part 1, and definitely needed to read this book to help sooth my anxiety. I absolutely love these characters something fierce, -Not just Drew & Emma but Parker & Haley as well! It was fast paced & definitely had me feeling all kinds of things throughout the book, but I loved it all the same. This story was amazing and I'm an idiot for waiting so damn long to read it, but so glad I did! 5⭐ out of 5⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment