Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Review: Puck Shy

 


Title: Puck Shy

Series: Carolina Comets

Author: Teagan Hunter

Release Date: October 28, 2021



I’m having the definition of a bad year.

Game Six loss costing my team the Cup? Check.
Getting arrested and ruining my image? Check.
Almost getting run over after my car breaks down? Oh, look—a hat trick.

My contract is up with the Carolina Comets this year, and I need to get it together if I want to stay with the team.

I need relaxation, not a relationship.

But when I’m scrolling on a dating app and stumble across the pretty girl who almost ran me over, I know I can’t let her walk away this time.

Harper is funny, smart, and doesn’t care about hockey.

I’m not supposed to be focusing on anything other than my career, yet I can’t get Harper off my mind.

I know I shouldn’t fall for her…but I think I already have.

PUCK SHY is a standalone hockey romantic comedy. It's good, low angst fun with some hot hockey players.



Ok, so as you know, I'm not a huge sports fan. I don't normally watch or read about sports. It's not my thing. I know sports romance is like most contemporary romance, but sometimes it loses me when talking about the game. That being said, that was not the case with Puck Shy. 

Collin was having a bad year. Anything that could go wrong did. Losing the Stanley Cup? Getting arrested? His car breaking down, in a area with no service and his phone breaking? Almost getting run over? Yup. 

If Collin wants to stay with his team, he needs to get out of his head and get it together. He needs something, or someone to help him relax- not a relationship. So when he downloads a dating app to find just that, he found more than he bargained for with Harper. The same girl who almost ran him over. The girl who likes horror movies, and making her own coffee. She's funny and smart... And also not looking for commitment. But she doesn't like hockey. Collin should be focusing on his career, but he can't get Harper off his mind. He shouldn't fall for her... But maybe, he already did. 

Seriously, I love Teagan's books, and this was no different. Harper was cute, funny, smart & loved everything horror. Collin was more than just a NHL star, he was sweet, athletic, funny and hit it off with Harper. They both agreed to keep it casual, but things don't always go to plan. 

This book was everything I loved about a Teagan Hunter book. It was light, funny, sweet, cute, and then some. Plus you get to see some old favorites from some of Teagan's past books make an appearance. So if you're looking for your next hockey read to get you through the season pick up Puck Shy! 5⭐ out of 5⭐.



No comments:

Post a Comment