Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Review: All The Little Things

 


Title: All The Little Things

Author: Rachel Leigh

Release Date: May 12



Four years ago my life was forever changed. 


One kiss.

One moment. 

Five words. 


“Enjoy all the little things.”


That’s what Ryker said the night before he vanished from our lives. 


So that’s what I did. I lived each day like it was the last—embracing all life had to offer. 


Now he’s back in town and staying with me as a favor to my brother. 


Being alone with Ryker is dangerous. 

His eyes intoxicate me. 

His touch tempts me. 


He doesn’t look at me like I’m a little girl anymore.

And I’m ignoring the fact that he’s my brother’s best friend. 


He dared me to live. 

I dared him to love. 


The first kiss almost killed me. 

But the second one brought me back to life.



Four years ago Kit's life was changed forever. Her brother's best friend uttered five words, before fanishing from their lives. 

Enjoy all the little things. 

Two years later, Ryker is back, and staying with Kit as a favor to her brother. Being alone with him for a week is dangerous. He doesn't look at her like she is the little girl who used to follow them around anymore. 

The first kiss they shared almost killed her. But the second one brought her back to life. 

Oh my God. This story. I just... Don't even know what to say, it was my first book by Rachel Leigh, but won't be my last. I loved it! 

Ryker is the bad boy from the wrong side of town. And Carter's best friend. He's always around- and looks after Kit like she is a younger sister. 

Kit is young than Carter and Ryker by two years. But she was always mature for her age. And she developed a crush on her brother's best friend. 

They share one sweet, simple kiss, before he disappears out of her life after uttering five words that changed her life. 

Enjoy all the little things. 

She does, consequences be damned. 

So when Ryker shows back up two years later, she pushes him. Pushes him for leaving, pushes him for answers, and pushes him for more. 

Can Ryker be all that Kit needs? Or is their relationship doomed to stay in the friend zone? 

This book had it all. It was a sweet brother's best friend slow burn that tugged on the heart. Ryker was a boy who grew up on the wrong side of town, & did what he had to to survive, even if that meant leaving the town, his family and friends and Kit behind. 

Kit had to grow up way too fast- making her mature for her age. But once Ryker left, that all changed and she became reckless, not caring about the consequences. But she is also brave, and stubborn when she wants to be. 

It's unlikely that a crush she had on her brother's best friend as kids would result in anything more. Because there is more than just friendship and family ties between them. There is hurt, and anger and secrets too. Can their friendship ever be mended, and bloom into something more? Or is there too much standing in their way? Find out in this cute novel novel that will surely tug on your heart. 4⭐ out of 5⭐. 



Trigger Warning: murder/death, abuse, health condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment