Thursday, July 7, 2022

Review: Pretty Little Savage

 


Title: Pretty Little Savage

Series: Sick Boys series

Author: Lucy Smoke

Release Date: October 2020



Rule No. 1: Don’t piss off the Sick Boys


They’re cruel. Reckless. Impossibly fucked up.


The Sick Boys feed on the order they create. They rule Eastpoint University just as their families have for decades. But their power doesn’t stop there. The three of them are heirs to some of the largest fortunes in the world, and behind that kind of wealth lies an underworld of corruption.


On the surface, they’re perfect princes and he is their King. But underneath it all, they’re filled with blood, lies, and secrets. With all of their connections, they have the power to crush anyone who gets in their way. But just because they’re as warped as I am doesn’t mean I’m going to give them a free pass.


Because I, Avalon Manning, bow to no one, and I live to break the fucking rules.


***This is a Dark MF New Adult Enemies to Lovers Romance.***



So for the month of June I haven't been able to read a whole lot- between being sick almost the whole month, to being busy with end of the school year for my daughter. So I have been struggling to find something to hold my attention and had hoped the Sick Boys was it. 

Avalon grew up on the wrong side of town. But it had only her made her stronger. She doesn't take orders from anyone. So when she rolls into Eastpoint, and everyone warns her to fall into line for the Sick Boys she doesn't listen. On the surface they are perfect rich princes who rule the school and we're never told no. But underneath that there is something darker, more sinister. They have secrets far deeper than Avalon could see at first glance. 

But that still doesn't mean she will bow down. And when the sick boys push, Avalon pushes back. 

Avalon may just be a project princess, made to look good for the school, but someone even more powerful than the Sick Boys think she is important- If only the Sick Boys could find out why before it's too late. 

So, I wanted to love this book. It had everything I normally look for-the cruel guys, the strong female lead, the secrets. What more could I want? The thing is, I don't know. I have been in a book slump for months. Between depression, being sick, and busy and struggling to read I have no idea what I'm looking for. 

This book was interesting. I wanted to know more-about the characters, and past and it was enough to hold my interest to the end, to find out what happens between all the characters. But I didn't connect with them like I normally do- whether that's because it seemed like I read something similar before, or just because of the state I am in. I'm not saying it's a bad book- because it was good. But currently I just... Wasn't feeling it. So at the moment, I will give it 4⭐ out of 5⭐. - that may change in the future if I reread it to continue the series, but right now, in my current headspace, I didn't love it. - but who knows this book may be exactly what you are looking for if you love the bully romances with dark themes (which I normally do). The rich heroes filled with darkness & poor heroines with a chip on their shoulder. This is normally one of my favorite tropes, but I've just been in a mood & looking for something to satisfy it (but haven't exactly found it yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment