Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Review: Kit Davenport Series

 


Title: Kit Davenport Series

Author: Tate James



They call me The Fox. I’m a thief. I’ve got superhuman strength and the ability to heal life-threatening injuries. 


Who am I? But more importantly, what am I? 


When a team of secret agents catches up to me, I finally have the allies and resources I need to chase down some answers. But the deeper we dig into my past, the more danger we find ourselves in. Traps and traitors are behind every corner. And suddenly it's not just my life on the line, but my heart too. 


I'm Kit Davenport and this is my story. 


** This is a Reverse Harem series intended for mature audiences. It contains sex, violence, swearing, death and more sex. #whychoose ** 


The Complete Kit Davenport Series contains: 


#1 The Vixen's Lead 

#2 The Dragon's Wing 

#3 The Tiger's Ambush 

#4 The Viper's Nest 

#5 The Crow's Murder 

#6 The Alpha's Pack 

BONUS: The Fox's Hole 


This set contains a bonus epilogue scene titled "The Fox's Hole" 



The Vixen's Lead


So, going into this series I had no idea what to expect. I went in blind, having downloaded the series a while ago, and was just looking for something new to read, and having to have read a couple other books by Tate James before, I thought why not. 

The Vixen's Lead starts off with you meeting Kit, a well known thief, and learning about her special abilities. When a team of secret agents catch up to her, she now finally has the allies and resources she needs to seek out answers to questions that have been plaguing her. But the deeper they dig, the more danger they find themselves in. 

This book is packed with plenty of action and adventure between Kit, and her new friends- but the romance is a slow burn throughout. - in fact the series is (supposed to be) a RH but reading through book one you don't necessarily get that, yet (I mean there is SOME hinting, but I was only guessing and didn't actually KNOW before I copied the blurb for this review). 

I have just been in a major book rut recently, that I can't seem to shake. And it's left me reading at a much slower pace, so I am debating if I should continue with this series or start a reread in prep for a new releasing coming out this month. (Normally I wouldn't have any issue knocking these books out with plenty of time to read the other books, but I really have been struggling). 

But, overall the book was great. I would have loved to see more romance & intimacy between the characters, BUT I have no doubt it is coming (we are still VERY early into the time frame/"relationship" between them all). And I also cannot wait to learn MORE - about Kit & everyone else (her friend Lucy, and all the guys- Caleb, Austin, Cole, River & Wesley). There is sooo much more we don't know & I can't wait to learn more! 

Plus trouble & danger seem to follow Kit around and I'm sure things will be heating up- not just outside, but in the bedroom too. 

If you are looking for a paranormal RH romance, then so far, I definitely recommend the Kit Davenport series. Magic, danger, and a team of 5 men? What more could you ask for? 

4⭐ out of 5⭐. 

2🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 

Warning, any reviews past this point may contain spoilers, so if you are planning to read these books, skip these reviews until after (unless you don't mind the spoilers). 


The Dragon's Wing


So, I flew through book two in the Kit Davenport series. Things definitely heated up both outside of the group, and within in, just like I suspected it would. 😏

I didn't expect to fly through book 2 as fast as I did, with how much my reading slump has been affecting me lately, but so glad I did. I immediately dove in, after finishing book 1 in search of answers, and while I didn't get everything I was looking for, I got more than I thought I would. 

Kit's life is still in danger, and she still isn't any closer to finding out her truths than she was in book one. She is struggling to figure out who she can trust, outside of her group of guys, and only going off instinct alone. But when her life, and the life of her guys in threatened multiple times, Kit's ability is tested. 

Will Kit get the answers she needs? And will her bond with the guys be tested, or will it grow closer than ever? I honestly cannot wait to find out what else is in store for Kit, Caleb, Cole, River, Austin & Wesley! 

4.5 ⭐ out of 5⭐. 

4🌶️ out of 5🌶️.


The Tiger's Ambush


I quickly flew through book 3, and loved seeing the characters and story development & cannot wait for more. Each book ends on a slight cliffhanger, which of course drives me crazy because I need answers right away, so I throw myself into the next in hopes to get my answers only to be left with more questions by the end of the following book. 😂

That said, Kit and her men are again is in danger, and she's still seeking all the answers to the hundreds of questions - not just with who she and her men are, but with everything happening around her also. And now it seems, some of her guys may be keeping secrets from her. But when someone close to her betrays her, will she be able to recover from the betrayal, or will it be too much to handle? 4.5⭐ out of 5⭐.

4🌶️ out of 5🌶️ 


The Viper's Nest


So, as par of the other books, more questions were answered, and more revelations were revealed, BUT also more questions, dangers, and threats too. 

I have been loving these books. They have been quick, fun reads, and I cannot wait to find out what happens next to Kit and her guys. Secrets come out, dangers around every corner, and questions that need answers. Kit and her guys can't catch a break- and they need answers to their questions to hopefully save themselves and all of the supernatural races before it's too late, but they get blindsided by a threat they didn't see coming. I cannot wait to find out how Kit and her guys will get out of this... 

4.5 ⭐ out of 5⭐. 

4🌶️ out of 5🌶️


The Crow's Murder


So this book was far more emotional than the last ones. It seems the bad follow Kit around, and her loved ones take the the most damage from it. Some questions were answered, while others popped up, but I was left with swirling emotions and I cannot wait to read the last book to find out how everything plays out. I have loved these books, and these characters and cannot wait to read the conclusion, but unwilling to part with them all so soon. Will Kit be able to save the world, or will she struggle to save herself and her men?

4.5⭐ out of 5⭐

4🌶️ out of 5🌶️


The Alpha's Pack


This was the final book in the series (minus the novella/extended epilogue). And everything that the other books lead up to finally came to a head. The battle between the two sides was happening weather Kit & her guys were ready- all were newly thrust into to the world of magic, and shifted, putting them at a serious disadvantage. And trying to build an army in a matter of weeks? Near impossible, not to mention trying to navigate a relationship between six guys, it's more than any one can juggle- but Kit isn't just any normal person- supernatural or not. Can her and her guys win the war, or will the end of the world rest on her shoulders? 

4⭐ out of 5⭐. 

4🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 

No comments:

Post a Comment