Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Review: Reverse

 


Title: Reverse

Series: Bittersweet Symphony Duet

Author: Kate Stewart

Release Date: July 19



Thirty years ago, my father became the other half of a broken love story. 


A relationship he’s kept hidden for decades.


Upon unearthing his secret through a series of emails in our paper’s archives, I began my search for the truth. Haunted by my father’s love story, and in my quest for answers, I never imagined I would discover a love of my own. Or that my love for Easton Crowne would be key in discovering the reason behind what split our parents up.


Doomed from the start and knowing the havoc our relationship would inevitably wreak on our families, I could never have prepared for the toll it would take or the cost of the truth.


But in order to find our ending, we had to go back to their beginning.


My name is Natalie Butler, and this is my star-crossed love story.




*you MUST read Drive before reading Reverse to best understand this story and all these characters & the emotion throughout it.

I just finished reading Reverse- the length of this book considerably longer, hundreds of pages packed with angst, history, love and heartbreak.
It made me cry- tears flowing freely as I read the love sorry between Easton and Natalie. This book sent me on a emotional rollercoaster, punching me in the feels, but gripping me by the throat, and I couldn't look away. It was hypnotizing, and gripping, and heart shattering.
The love story was bigger than just Natalie and Easton, and to best understand they needed to go back to the start.
And that's what happened when Natalie was emersed in the past- into the love story between her father Nate and Easton's mother Stella, even though their story didn't end together, Natalie is on a mission to find out why, and what happened. And that spark lead her to meet Easton... And their angst filled romance, the modern day Romeo and Juliet- with a love greater than themselves, but stilted by circumstance, will it survive the test of time, or will their romance implode taking every one with them?
God, this book. I'm at a loss for words. It made me feel, every last thing. The angst, the push and pull, the allure and the love. My heart went through the ringer, and I'm battered and bruised but enjoyed every single second of it.
I fell in love all over again, with the characters and the story and felt every damn emotion. If you haven't got your heart ran over by one of Kate's brilliant books yet, you are missing out. I have no idea how to convey everything this book made me feel into words, but it is one that will stick with me, embedded into my very being. Kate may have had a ton to live up to, this being the sequel to Drive- but she delivered, this book is more. More love, more heartbreak, more angst and more drama. And more music, Reverse was extraordinary, standing and shining on its own while shedding light on it's predecessor - the story exceeding and surpassing any expectations or doubts, landing among the stars & will live in infamy - a timeless tale of love, loss, and what could have been. 5 supernova ⭐ out of 5⭐. 3🌶️ out of 5🌶️.  









Find the 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 duet here: mybook.to/ksbittersweetduet


Grab book #1 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄 here: mybook.to/KSDrive


Grab book #2 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄 here: mybook.to/ksreverse


Watch the 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄 trailer here: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdcYYm52/?k=1


Add book #2 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄 to your TBR: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53496321-reverse


Drive Playlist: 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0bMLy9wsjH0foU9apCot4s?si=ieDG9wyVTziKTWGa2M6ROA&utm_source=copy-link


The Bittersweet Symphony Duet playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/58fkVx14qvkP26HOd2ulyg?si=AoKBtCQZRqSPiNTLhY3_wA&utm_source=copy-link


Reverse Playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2EoA9mOw7awhNdigt3nnS6?si=6trfwMsCQdqY_dWi3BVAHw&utm_source=copy-link

No comments:

Post a Comment