Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Review: Almost Duet

 


Title: Almost Him

Series: Almost Duet

Author: S.M. Shade

Release Date: January 2023



"Sometimes, hope holds us by the throat."


We were teenagers the first time Alden Stokes climbed through my bedroom window.

He was the first boy to hold my hand.

He was my first kiss.

He was my first everything.

The tumultuous years made us into adults while circumstances pushed us apart. Now I've found my way back to the only man I've ever loved.

And I won't let him go.



Oh my God where do I even begin?! 

When they were kids the first boy to hold Ella's hand was Alden. He was her first kiss, first everything. But life pushed them apart. But they found their way back together- and Ella won't let him go. But what if life has other plans? 

Reading the first half of the book was so sweet and cute. I was giddy and loved every second of it. But about halfway through, I started to feel dread. I didn't know if I was pre-mad, or pre-sad but I figured the characters were happy too long and something was bound to happen. And boy did it ever. 

This book starts off as cute friends to lovers, but as it progresses the angst hits out of no where and it becomes a wild turbulent ride and you have no idea which way is up or down anymore. I sobbed. But the story goes on, much like life, and all you had to hold onto was hope that things would get better. I couldn't wait to continue the story and find out the answers I was looking for. 5⭐ out of 5⭐

3🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 




Title: Almost Us
Series: Almost Duet
Author: S.M. Shade
Release Date: January 2023


"Strip everything away from us and love is what’s left. It’s what we get to keep."


We thought things couldn't get worse but the passing days proved us wrong.

I could handle the public backlash and the cops at my door. 

I could handle the doubt and disbelief of our friends. As long as we were together, I thought I could handle anything.

As the threats loomed closer, our days together dwindled away. After losing everything that mattered to me, I had to ask myself how much sacrifice was too much?

How far would I go for him?



Seriously? This story gripped me by the throat & held on until the end! 

Their lives go from one crazy event to the next, without breathing room. And when they couldn't think life could get worse, it does. But how much would they sacrifice for one another? 

This book picks up where book 1 ends & you get some of the answers throughout that you were looking for after book 1. When their life is getting crazy the only thing they can hold onto is each other & hope for a better tomorrow. It was an amazing story with angst and drama. And I loved seeing the characters get the HEA they worked so hard to earn. The story ties up nicely, but may leave you with a touch of doubt or a question or two (which is intended no doubt). It was an amazing story, and I regret waiting so long to have finally read it, but I enjoyed every crazy minute of it. 

5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

3🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 

Trigger Warnings

No comments:

Post a Comment