Friday, April 21, 2023

Review: Love Songs Suck

 


Title: Love Song Suck

Author: Becky Monson

Release Date: April 2023



A reluctant woman, a determined popstar, and the song that started it all.

After growing up in Nashville with two musician parents, I promised myself one thing—I would never, ever fall in love with anyone who had anything to do with the music scene. I will take my stable, albeit boring, accountant boyfriend, thank you very much, and live securely ever after. At least that was the plan. Who knew one ridiculous party where boy band sensation Finn Thatcher showed up would turn my life completely upside down.

How dare he write a song about me. A song that went straight to number one. A song that messes everything up with his band. And who gets the blame for that? That’s right, me. I’m the new Yoko Ono. The only way to fix it is to, well . . . give the world what it wants—a love story. We are talking the whole freaking fairy tale. Nothing says true love like a fake relationship. But what if it’s not so fake? What if I want the happily ever after? Or am I just another love song to Finn?



Lou grew up in Nashville with two parents who wanted to be famous. So she knew exactly what she wanted in life- stability, and peace. She didn't want the fame, or the paparazzi or any of the headaches that come with it. So her engagement to her somewhat boring accountant boyfriend was exactly what she wanted. 

Until she met Finn Thatcher- famous pop star who wrote a song inspired by their chance meeting. He was gorgeous and talented and not at all like most musicians that Lou knew. When word got out she was the inspiration for the song, it sent Lou's quiet, peaceful life into a tailspin. 

And the only way to help get everything under control? Fake-date the celebrity who started it all. 

This was a cute and sweet rom-com, that I needed after my last read. I enjoyed the easy read, and the cute characters. It was sweet (& clean). It was a fake relationship, forced proximity trope with him falling first. I was mostly invested in the story waiting for Finn & Lou to (finally) get together, because it seemed to take forever! But overall I enjoyed the cute story. 

3.5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

1🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 

No comments:

Post a Comment