Sunday, March 28, 2021

Review: Nightfall

 


Title: Nightfall

Series: the Grim Gate series

Author: Emily Goodwin

Release Date: March 30 



If you have a ghost problem, who you gonna call?


Not me. Seriously.


Been there, done that, and the short time I worked as a professional medium was nothing like what you see on TV. Things are way too heavy when you’re talking to actual ghosts, and I’m pretty sure I’m the first and only person to be fired from what turned out to be a string of con-artists and fake psychics. That’s life, and after twenty-four years of being able to see and hear spirits, I’ve grown used to it.


But when demonic bounty hunters start coming after me, I realize that maybe there’s more to me than being a medium…that maybe my entire life has been nothing but fabricated memories and lies.


Right as everything is unraveling around me, I meet Ethan. I’m as drawn to him as much as he scares me, and there’s no denying the darkness hiding in his hazel eyes. He knows more about my powers than I do and can help me, yet I can’t ignore how the timing of our meeting is too perfect for a mere coincidence.


As the demons close in, I’m forced to make a choice: trust Ethan or face the demons alone. One is certainly more dangerous than the other, and if I don’t choose correctly, it will cost me everything…including my heart.



Oh, my goodness!! I just finished Nightfall by Emily Goodwin!! It is a spin off series of the Thorne Hill series- you don't need to read it, but i definitely recommend it.

Nightfall follows Anora, who is a medium. She can see ghosts. But when demonic bounty hunters start coming after Anora, she had more than a few spirits to worry about. Her whole life may very well be a lie.

Just as Anora's life is unraveling around her, she meets Ethan, who knows even more about her powers then she does. But is it mere chance, or is the timing of their meeting more than just coincidence?

As the demons are closing in, Anora is forced to choose to either trust Ethan or face the demons alone. If she doesn't choose correctly, it could cost her everything.

I seriously loved this book. It takes place in the same world as the Thorne Hill series, with magic and vampires, ghosts and demon hunters.

Anora has always been deemed weird- but seeing and talking to ghosts that others can't see or believe in will do that. Despite it all she didn't let it bother her too much. She tried her best to learn how to deal. But a chance meeting with Ethan make her realize that she isn't so alone and there are scarier things to worry about then a few ghosts.

Ethan is definitely handsome, but also dangerous. And the timing of their chance encounter is more than just coincidence. Anora has to decide if she trusts Ethan, and quick because her life may very well rest on the decision to do so. When her life has been nothing but secrets and lies, who can Anora trust?

I loved going on the journey with Anora in her discovering the truth about herself and in her quest to find answers. I loved the action, adventure and romance throughout this book. I loved Anora & Ethan, and cannot wait to see where the story takes us! 5⭐ out of 5⭐.




Amazon: https://amzn.to/3c2Jmeh

Apple Books: http://apple.co/3uXqUw2

Nook: http://bit.ly/3rq9ndS

Kobo: http://bit.ly/2OvfLSn

Goodreads:  http://bit.ly/3kdjkZj

No comments:

Post a Comment