Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Review: Badly Behaved

 


Title: Badly Behaved

Author: Megan Brandy

Release Date: April 7th



I’m a Monet. 

A chameleon. 


š˜’š˜® š˜øš˜©š˜¢š˜µš˜¦š˜·š˜¦š˜³ š˜ š˜®š˜¶š˜“š˜µ š˜£š˜¦.


And what I must be is a flawless daughter, a skilled socialite, and the perfect prize to the man who signed along the dotted line. 

Not that I’m complaining. 


I’m all for a contractual agreement, a quick and clean catapult into the next phase of rich girl life. One that takes little thought, less effort, and zero devotion. 


It’s exactly what I want. 

An impassive life. 

A calculated future. 


Or, it was until the lights went out, darkness took over, and for the first time ever, I came alive. 


But everyone knows what thrives in the night burns in the light and flames were among us. 

There is no escape. 

No turning back. 


No ending within my control. 


My mother always says our choices determine our consequences. 


š˜ š˜©š˜¢š˜µš˜¦ š˜Ŗš˜µ š˜øš˜©š˜¦š˜Æ š˜“š˜©š˜¦’š˜“ š˜³š˜Ŗš˜Øš˜©š˜µ.



Oh My WOW!
Ok so I am sick so I am sorry if this is incoherent ramblings of someone who is nearly passed out on cold medicine and insanely tired for lack of sleep & taking care of my mini who is also sick- thanks fiance for bringing it home šŸ˜’šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
But Oh My WOW! I have no idea what else to say. I am at a loss for words. And also, this is best to go in blind to get a feel for and expiereince everything along with the characters. 
Jameson Monet is her mother's daughter. She is exactly what her mother molded her to be. A skilled socialite who smiles never falters. And the perfect prize for the man who signed on the dotted line. But Jameson isn't complaining because a future where she doesn't have to think about what comes next is exactly what she wanted. Or so she thought. 
But one night when the lights go out, Jameson comes alive. And no there is no going back, no escape, and her perfectly calculated future is out of her control. 
Honestly, I loved loved loved this book. It was the perfect book to pass the day away, and ease my suffering just a little less. 
I loved Jameson and felt for her perfectly crafted plan. She had everything she could ever want laid upon her feet, and yet... It was more than she could have ever asked for. 
So when the darkness takes over, threatening to undo her future that has been calculated for her, she comes alive for the first time. This story was sooo much more than I was expecting- and Megan hit it out of the park. It had me gasping one minute and crying the next. It had me swooning one minute and going Nancy Drew the next trying to piece the clues together. There is definitely more than meets the eye with these characters, and I fell in love with not one, not two, but 4 characters, including Jameson, but I will leave you to figure out who until you read this book šŸ˜‰ If you live for the drama of the high socialites, and have yearned for something more then this book is for you. It's not your average boy meets girl, but sprinkled with scandal, and secrets and love. It doesn't fit well in one catagory or another but instead walks a fine line between them, dancing in the shadows. It may have been unconventional but I loved every second of it. 5 "I did not see that coming!" ⭐ Out of 5 ⭐. 








Add to your TBR: https://geni.us/BBGRFB 


Pre-order on ibooks, Nook, & Kobo here: https://geni.us/BBPOFB 

Will go live on Amazon on Release Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment