Monday, April 26, 2021

Review: Crave

 


Title: Crave

Series: Crave series

Author: Tracy Wolff

Release Date: April 2020



My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.


Then there’s Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn’t felt anything for a hundred years. But there’s something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what’s broken in me.


Which could spell death for us all.


Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I’m wondering if I was brought here intentionally—as the bait.



Gah. So I just finished Crave. Like I mean I have been sitting here pouting for five minutes because the book is over, and if I order book 2 right now I won't get in until Monday May 3rd (with my "prime 2 day shipping it takes a week) type pouting BUT I NEED IT. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

If you didn't already know, I have a love-hare relationship with cliffhangers. Doesn't matter if it's shoes, movies, or books. The frustrate the hell outta me... But I love them anyways. And this book is no different. 

But that's besides the point. I'm currently trying to form a coherent thought about crave. I am. But I'm still pouting. 

After an accident, Grace's whole world is flipped upside down, and has her stepping foot into a private Alaskan boarding school that she will now call home for the next for seeable future. But things are definitely not as they seem. From gorgeous, but arrogant guys who try to get her to leave one second and bring a new meaning to ghosting, to hot, goofy guys who can carry all of Grace's belongings up multiple flight of stairs without so much a breaking a sweat. But that's not the only thing that seems off. Grace has no idea what she steps into the middle of, but all of a sudden Grace is more vulnerable then she has ever been. 

When they say high school bites, they weren't joking around. Can Grace survive, or will her being in Alaska spell death for everyone involved? 

I seriously loved this book. It brought on a serious case of nostalgia. The angsty teenage vampire romance. I am normally not a huge fan of insta-love and prefer a love triangle or enemies to lovers but I did enjoy this book. The story takes place in a matter of weeks. At times it may have been cheesy (in a good way) & had some "dad jokes" thrown in (seriously, I love those!), But it made me swoon. I fell in love with Jaxon. For everything he has been through. My heart goes out to him, the broken bad boy. The vampire who has witnessed too much already in his short life. 

My heart also went out to Grace. A teenage girl who had her world she knew ripped away from her and instead has to adjust to a world she knew nothing about. 

The insta-love may have had me rolling my eyes, but I still enjoyed this book, and I cannot wait to read the next one, and see what happens next to Jaxon, Grace and everyone else at Katmere Academy. Seriously. I don't wanna wait a week for the next book to get here in the mail. That's too long. 😩😩 I need more of Jaxon & Grace today! It was fun, cheesy, filled with magic, love, and danger, and I want more. 4.5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

No comments:

Post a Comment