Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Review: The Fae King's Prize

 


Title: The Fae King's Prize

Series: From Dawn and Dusk

Author: Jamie Schlosser

Release Date: April 8



Blurb

When I wake up at a female auction in a world I don’t recognize, all I can think about is getting back home to Texas. I want absolutely nothing to do with a realm called Valora, magic, faeries, or being sold to the highest bidder.

But the Day Realm king has other plans.

Zander says I’m his fated mate. I don’t believe him. That doesn’t stop him from tricking me into marrying him, though. It doesn’t matter if I argue or run—he won’t let me go.

I should hate him. Instead, I find myself ridiculously attracted to the stubborn, broody man. Sometimes he terrifies me, so I don’t know why his rare smiles give me warm tingles or why his arms make me feel safe.

Everything about Valora is confusing, but after just a short time here, I realize something—this place is full of dangers that are way more frightening than my new husband, and staying by his side just might be my only option.

 



Oh wow, where do I start with this book?! 

It follows Maelyn. She was taken from Earth, to be auctioned of in a world she doesn't recognize, or know. A world filled with magic and Faeries. And one of the Faeries at the auction is Zander, who claims to be Mae's fated mate. Something Mae doesn't believe. But that doesn't stop Zander from tricking her to marry him. But with the dangers of Valora, staying beside her frightening new husband might be her only option to staying alive. 

I have enjoyed this series immensely and couldn't wait to dive into this story, with Zander the brooding king from the Day Realm. He has been through so much, and was one of my favorites from the other stories, I couldn't wait to learn more about him. He was broken, which is one of my favorite traits in fictional men (don't ask, but I love the ones who have tragic back stories. The ones who are broken or hurting). He was cursed as a child, to be blind until he finds his mate. Then his father cursed him again, when he tried to inflict a power onto him. He's a king who suffered a great deal growing up. His people don't trust him. And there are woman- human and fae alike- being trafficked throughout his kingdom. That's where he meets Maelyn for the first time.

Maelyn was taken from home and thrust into a world she doesn't understand. She become Sander's prize at an auction. He saves her from being sold off, but tricks her to marry him, when all she wants is to go back home- to her friends, family, and life she has. She doesn't want to stay in the foreign world, with foreign beings- even if Zander claims they are mates. But she can't deny she feels something for the brooding and moody king. But is what she feels enough to get her to stay? Or will her departure result in the king going mad, and the fall of the Day Realm? 

I loved this story, and the characters. Mae was kind, and compassionate and brought characteristics with her that would greatly help out Zander and his people. She was the light to his darkness. Her soul is untouched, innocent and light. Zanders was darkened with lies, sins and tarnished with his curse and past. They perfectly contrasted each other.  The story had romance, adventure, & more. Perfect for those who are looking for a new Fae or paranormal romance to fall into. 5 ⭐ out of 5 ⭐. 





Add to Goodreads ➜ http://bit.ly/3tDgwsE

Amazon ➜ http://mybook.to/thefaekingsprize


𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐎 𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄

The Fae King’s Curse ➜ https://amzn.to/2K74nqw

The Fae King's Dream ➜ https://amzn.to/3pBbCul

 


No comments:

Post a Comment