Saturday, April 17, 2021

Review: Dear Love, I Hate You

 


Title: Dear Love, I Hate You

Series: Easton Boys

Author: Eliah Greenwood

Release Date: March 12



It all started with an anonymous letter. 
 
He wasn’t supposed to find it—no one was. And he definitely wasn’t supposed to answer it.
 
We end up talking through letters and sticky notes in a book. One sticky note. Two sticky notes. Ten sticky notes. All baring our darkest, deepest secrets.
 
It’s all fun and games until I find out who my pen pal is...
 
Xavier Emery. King of my basketball-obsessed town, my childhood bully, and the guy I am in grave danger of falling in love with.
 
But the rules were clear: we can never know who we’re talking to, and the confessions can never, ever get out. Seriously. It would destroy lives. 
 
Fine by me. Even if Mr. Popular does find out his confidant is little old me, it’s not like he’d ever love me back…

Right?




Oh my goodness. Where do I begin with this book?! 

So Aveena writes a letter that no one was suppose to see. But after a turn of events someone does see it. And worse they respond. Which starts a chain reaction, and secret pen pals, leaving notes for each other in the books of the library. What began as harmless ends up them spilling their secrets to each other- complete strangers who are choosing anonymity instead of revealing themselves. What started as notes passed back and forth, turns into texts to one another. They were never suppose to find out who each other were... Until Aveena does. 

Xavier is the captain of the basketball team. Tall, handsome, popular, and the nicest guy to everyone. Everyone except Aveena. She never understood why. But he couldn't possibly be the one who is leaving notes for Aveena. Quiet, shy, invisible Aveena. 

It seems that both of them are going through more then those around them know. The secrets they share can never get out, because it may ruin lives. But that's not the only danger... Aveena may be falling for her pen pal...

Seriously. I was in a bit of a book funk, not knowing what to read next, so I downloaded this book from KU in hopes to find something. And boy did I ever. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. 

Enemies to lovers? (Which we all know is one of my favorites) Check.

Secret pen pals? Check

Teenage drama? Check

And town wide scandal! Check. 

This book seemed to have it all. There was banter, secrets, drama, and angst. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to start this book last night, because I stayed up all night reading it. I got only an hour of sleep before my daughter woke me up for the day. And I'm not even sorry, nor do I regret it. 

The bullying happened when they were kids- Aveena never had any clue why he did what he did, and never got a chance to ask him because he transfered schools. But now he's back, and doesn't seem to remember who she is. 

I loved Aveena, and how she was trying to find herself. How she was trying to navigate her senior year. Going from being invisible to finally being seen. 

Xavier was your typical popular athlete- or so Aveena thought. This year he seemed off, and with the confessions he confided into his own pal, it was no wonder why. But there was a side of him that Aveena never knew about. 

I honestly couldn't put this book down. There may have been a couple scenes that could have been improved on, and some of the characters could have been developed a little bit more, but over all it was a solid read that I can't get off my mind. So if you enjoy teenage drama you definitely need this book. 4 angsty teenage ⭐ out of 5⭐. 






Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57299625-dear-love-i-hate-you


Amazon: http://mybook.to/dearloveihateyou




No comments:

Post a Comment