Thursday, April 8, 2021

Review: Her String Of Pearls

 


Title: Her String Of Pearls

Series: Iron Elite 

Author: Ella Burns

Release Date: March 29th



Blurb:

I was never a good person, never claimed to be.


But at least up until that fateful day twelve years ago, the only aches I left were broken hearts and empty wallets.


One wrong decision, one wrong con, and it all came crumbling down.


Those five men who turned me from a badass con-woman into a broken victim?


They’ll never see me coming.


With the help of Killian, another survivor of the Iron Elite, will I be able to finally get my revenge, or is my past the one thing holding me back?


If you’re looking for a tale of revenge in the underground world of poles and dancers, then pick up Her String of Pearls today!


Her String of Pearls is book one in the Iron Elite Series and is a MF romance and contains triggers and content not suitable for under 18. The Iron Elite series will be dark, standalone romance set in the same world.



Her String of Pearls follows Echo and her search of revenge against the Iron Elite. 
Echo was a con woman, set on using her body and skills to turn tricks and make cash. Until she found the wrong guys to mess with. 
Neil, Peter, Tanner, Sergio and James broke Echo, and left her for dead. But not only did she survive, she came back stronger and set on Vengeance and taking down the Iron Elite. 
But with Killian on her side, can she finally seek her revenge, or will her past hold her back?
This book was dark- and had triggers of rape, assult, and violence. If those things don't bother you, then dive on in to the underground world of the Iron Elite. 
Although this wasn't my favorite dark romance and at times had me a bit confused (which is probably a me thing), I did enjoy the story for what it was. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was dark, and gritty. 
I enjoyed this book. I loved the fact that Echo was seeking her revenge. She may have been broken by the five men, but she didn't let that hold her back and instead survived and came back stronger. She had no shame, and did what she always loved, getting back into the pole, and being a stripper. 
That being said, I wasn't blown away, or wowed. I'm content with the story but not amazed. It was good, but I didn't completely fall in love with the characters or was really left wanting more. 
That being said, just because I didn't thoroughly love this book doesn't mean you won't. It could have just been me. Overall the book was good, and I did enjoy it. 
3.5 dark ⭐ out of 5⭐. 

No comments:

Post a Comment