Monday, May 17, 2021

Review: The King's Of Quarantine

 


Title: King's Of Quarantine

Series: Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep

Authors: Caroline Beckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: April 2020



Cruel. Heartless. Quarantined.
The ruthless boys of Everlake Prep never saw lockdown coming.
But the virus isn’t their number one enemy.

I am.

And as if being confined to a boarding school for the elite wasn’t bad enough, now I’m stuck in isolation with the boys who hate me most too.

Saint, Kyan and Blake. The Night Keepers. Or so they call themselves. They’ve embodied the Native American legend which lives in this valley, taking on the role of the monsters who lurk in the forest. And though they act like beasts, they may also bethe most tempting creatures I’ve ever seen.

With the virus escalating and my dad’s name splashed through the news, my entire world is falling apart. What he did has cast a dark shadow over me. And the Night Keepers want to make me pay for his crimes.

Then things went from bad to worse when I touched the sacred rock. A rock which supposedly holds a curse to bind me as the Night Keepers’ slave. And as crazy as it sounds, I decided to play along. Because there are things about me they don’t know. Things my dad has hidden from me for years. All I can be sure of is that I have to find a way to escape this school. But until then, those savage boys are making my life a living hell.

As the virus sweeps through the country and the world twists into something ugly and unknown, the kings of this school become true monarchs. Even the teachers bow to them now. And I’m kinda glad about that ‘stay six feet away from one another’ rule, because without it, I know they’d rip me apart.

At least there’s a silver lining. I’m cosying up to Coach Monroe. My hot as hell, brooding P.E. teacher who has a vendetta of his own against the Night Keepers. And with his help, I may succeed at doing more than escaping the clutches of these heartless fiends. I might even destroy them along the way.

My father taught me how to be strong.

How to prepare for the end of the world.

So this isn’t going to be the end of my world, mark my words.

But if I’m able to use my mind and body to bring these assholes to their knees, it might just be the end of theirs.

This is a high school bully RH series with off the charts angst, dark themes and is not for the faint of heart. Prepare to enrol at Everlake Prep. Bring your hand sanitiser, face masks and toilet paper to barter with, but don’t expect to hold onto them for long. Because it’s time to go into quarantine with the Night Keepers. And everything you own now belongs to them.



So let me just say I absolutely love bully romance. Give me the most irredeemable jerk known to man. I live for it! And this is the start of an RH. There is SOME sexual encounters throughout this book, BUT it is mostly building up tension between the characters and drama of prep school life. 

Tatem Rivers starts at a new prep school. After living her whole life on the road, her father decided to let her have a normal senior year, sending her to one of the most elite, and remote schools in the country. A school where she meets the three kings who run the place- Saint, Kyan, and Blake- and if she doesn't fall in line, she stands to face their wrath. But Tatem believes she can handle herself against the three rich boys. 

After her initiation, everything was going well, until news broke about the virus wrecking havoc on the world only getting worse, and for everyone to quarantine in place. But when Tatem's father is accused of starting the virus, she went from skating by, to living in hell. The only way to survive is to give herself over to the ruthless boys who fun the school. They are cruel, headless, and Savage and will do anything to break Tatem. The only solstice she has is with her p.e. teacher Monroe. 

Tatem was taught how to survive, and prepare for the end of the world, but will it be enough to survive being quarantined with the Night Keepers of Everlake Prep?

* Trigger Warning: This book is dark. Bullying, abuse, attempted murder and even attempted rape (not by the main male characters but to the main female character). 

For the most part I really enjoyed this book. I love bully and dark romance and have dabbled with RH books and liked those too.  

One of the things I was unsure about was the Native American lore throughout, being Native myself. It wasn't nesassarily bad, per say. For the natives land to be stolen only for them (at Everlake Prep) to then steal & use the legends to their gain also. And to use body paints and refer to themselves as savages. I get it, they are savage, ruthless, cruel and heartless (& were also drunk at the time) but to use the term savage when referring to themselves wearing the body paint going all out on the Native legends... That's a bit low. 

Otherwise, I did enjoy the book, and will keep reading this series. 

Tatem was a blonde bombshell, but was more than just her looks. She was strong, fought back, and held her own against the Night Keepers. 

Monroe was a p.e. teacher who had a plan to get back at the night keepers, and needed Tatem to help execute his plan. He was only a few years older than the students, good looking and there was something there between Tatem & him, even if neither acted on it, yet. 

Kyan was all muscle. Part of the football team, and loved illegal fighting. So far he is the only one (out of the night keepers) who redeemed himself, by being... Not decent but not completely horrible either. He lives his life to rile up Saint, and to fight, always chasing the andreniline it brings. 

Blake is the playboy. He can get any girl he wants on campus. He's charming when he wants to be, but also living his life on the verge of imploding through a world of grief and pain. 

Saint is the most cold, cruel, and ruthless of them all. He needs to have complete control of everything at all times. But he doesn't care about anything or anyone, unless it suits him. He will cut you down with a look alone. So of course, he's my favorite and I can't wait to see what more comes from him. 

If you are looking for your next dark bully romance then try the King's of Quarantine. It isn't my absolute favorite but it was good and I enjoyed it, and cannot wait to see more of the boys of Everlake Prep. 4 ⭐ out of 5⭐. 

No comments:

Post a Comment