Thursday, May 13, 2021

Review: Sicko

 


Title: Sicko

Author: Amo Jones

Release Date: September 2020



He was my foster brother. 

He swore to protect me.

He failed.

They all failed.

I’m an open box of passé photographs, snapped in chaste daylight, but filtered in sepia. I’m the past that he tried to forget, and he was the future I needed. When he left six years ago, I screamed for him every night. But then it all stopped. My screams were suddenly muffled by cruelty, and further coaxed by pain.

But he has come back. He’s not the cute big brother I had a furtive crush on, or the bad boy, rich brat that I hated to love.

He’s the ruthless vice president of Wolf Pack MC, and he doesn’t answer to Royce Kane anymore.

He answers to Sicko.



Wow. Where do I even begin with this book? 

Ok, so Jade and Royce are foster siblings. Royce was overprotective of his younger sister, and would do anything to protect her- even if that anything means leaving town. Now years later, what was once Jade's cute brother that she grew up having a crush on, is the vice president of a MC and answers to Sicko, is back in her life, to do what he can to protect his little sister... But it might be too late for Jade. 

So first let me say this book is Dark with trigger warnings. If you are looking for a cute romance this ain't it. -It does feature rape and sexual abuse, so be warned. 

Jade was fierce, growing up from a fun loving girl with a loving and protective older brother and his friends to someone who is badass, helping those she could around her and going to school in the medical field. Going away to college she thought she could get away from the evil that lurked in the night, but it followed her anyways. 

Royce was the guy who had it all. Rich, gets anything he ever wants, has the looks and girls, and a younger sister he loves with everything in him. So when her life is threatened he does the one thing he thinks to do to try and keep her safe- he leaves. He comes back, years later, stronger and more powerful then ever; but now, what they once loved- each other- brings them hate. And Royce has his eyes trained on Jade and what Royce wants... Royce gets. 

This book was loaded down with angst and the foster siblings romance but it was dark, and if you have triggers to either go in prepared or skip this one. 

But I enjoyed this book. I loved the romance between Royce and Jade. And I felt for Jade and all she had been through. If you love MC romances then I recommend Sicko. 4.5 forbidden ⭐ out of 5 ⭐. 








No comments:

Post a Comment