Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Review: King's of Lockdown

 


Title: King's of Lockdown

Series: Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep

Authors: Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: June 2020



The sex tape

The fish stew

The Unspeakables

The storm

The font

The bathtub

The ice

The gun

The clothes 

The humiliation

The shower

The letters 

THE VOW


I had my chance to run from these brutal boys and I didn’t take it. The bonds between us are too strong now. Bonds of blood, oaths, betrayal and vengeance. And I intend to make good on all of them. I’ve made my list. And I won’t stop until each and every one of their crimes has been paid for. 


Divide and conquer. We’re going to tear them apart from the inside out. I won’t quit until I’ve had my pound of flesh and then some. These broken boys paint themselves up as kings and stand themselves on a pedestal above everybody else. But that only means they’ve got further to fall. And they’re going to fall hard. 


I know their strength now, but I’ve learned their weaknesses too. And I might just be becoming their greatest one. My father taught me how to survive, and it’s time to use everything I know about predators to lure them into my own trap.


Lies, betrayal, seduction. I’ll use every weapon at my disposal to bring them to their knees and once I’m done with them, they won’t own me. 


I’ll own them.


This is book 2 in a dark romance series with love-hate themes, scenes of intense bullying, sexual scenes and may have triggers for some readers. It is a reverse harem which means the main character will end up with multiple partners.



Oh my goodness! Ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmygoodness!!!! I am trying to get my thoughts in order after reading book 2 in the Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep series. I'm at a loss. I need to grab book 3 and dive in immediately to find out what the heck happens next. Because I absolutely need to know!!!!

So first let me say, there ARE triggers. There is bully, violence, stalking, and murder. It IS a dark romance, and is leading up to a reverse harem relationship between multiple characters. So if none of that is your thing, turn away from this series. 

King's of Lockdown pick up where King's of Quarantine left off (which means you HAVE to read book 1 before diving into book 2!). We dig a little deeper into Tatum's life with the Night Keepers, her vow to be theirs, digging deeper, and interning their lives together- and becoming their vow to be hers, even if none of them know it yet. 

Tatum vows to take her revenge on the savage men who set out to destroy her, taking them down one by one, weaving her web and ensnaring them into her traps. But, is she falling for her captures, peering behind their masks of cruelty? 

And with the lockdown and the virus running rampant throughout the world, Everlake Prep should be a safe haven for everyone present. But new threats arise in the midst of it all, and danger bigger then the Night Keepers lurks in the darkness. Will they be able to keep her safe through it all?

This book, these characters have entrapped me into their lives, their drama. I am fully invested wanting more of their stories more of THEM, ALL of THEM. 

Tatum is strong, resilent, and doesn't let anything break her. When the Night Keepers tried to break her, and keep her down, she came up swinging harder then ever, with plans of her own, to seek revenge on them all. 

Monroe is still Tatum's ally through it all, helping her when he can to be able to seek his own revenge. But something between them has shifted more than just Teacher-Student, but that is one line that he refuses to cross.

Blake is still struck with heavy grief through it all but his original personality shines through every now and then. He isn't as cruel or hateful towards Tatum as he once was, but he is still selfish and won't let her leave.

Kyan is still ruthless and violent and vicious. His bloodlust knows no bounds, and right now he has secrets of his own- and pushing Tatum away, keeping her at arm's length. 

Saint is still cruel and cold, but has Tatum finally gotten through some of his defenses and showing her signs of something more human? Or will he always be the most monsterous of the beasts that she dwells with every night?

We dive deeper into each of the characters, learning more about each as the time goes on. Kyan may have earned some way towards forgiveness, but is keeping a huge secret- not just from Tatum but his brothers as well. Blake is the closest to being forgiven for his crimes, and the most human of them all, but also still lost in his grief. Monroe is torn on his seek for revenge and on his new-found roles. Torn on keeping his friendship with Tatum, pushing her away, or pulling her closer. And Saint is battling his need for control in a world that is made up of chaos (and still happens to be my favorite among the bunch). I cannot wait to read more of these brutal boys and find out what happens next. 4.5 ⭐ out of 5⭐. 


No comments:

Post a Comment