Sunday, November 26, 2017

Review: Villains and Vodka

Sorry i have been MIA the past couple days. But with thanksgiving, and everything, it was a bit stressful. But i did get some reading in, so yay me!

Title: Villains and Vodka
Author: Alta Hensley (Top Shelf book 2)

(May Contain Spoilers)

Synopsis:

My life is one long fevered dream, balancing between being killed or killing.
The name Harley Crow is one to be feared.
I am an assassin.
A killer.
The villain.

I own it. I choose this life. Hell, I crave it. I hunger for it. The smell of fear makes me hard and is the very reason the blood runs through my veins.
Until I meet her…

Marlowe Masters.
Her darkness matches my own.
In my twisted world of dancing along the jagged edge of the blade…
She changes everything.
No weapon can protect me from the kind of death she will ultimately deliver.

*Villains & Vodka is a dark billionaire romance. If you don’t like a splash of shock, a dash of taboo, and a heavy dose of sex, then don’t take a sip of this TOP SHELF cocktail.

Review:

I am so glad i read this book! I love me some good villains, and some good taboo every once in awhile and this book delievered on both. I definitely loved Harley. He was more than just an average bad boy next door. He was an assassin. A killer. And i was a little skeptical going into this book, but i really enjoyed Bastards and Whiskey, and took a leap of faith in Villains and Vodka. And. I. Loved. It.
There is a trigger warning- there is some self harm in this book, which i was wary of, but i think it was handled well.
I was able to relate with some of Marlowe Masters (no i was never a Latina who grew up win a motorcycle gang- but i did and still do have my own demons to face, & used to self harm). And i fell for Harley.
I give this book 5⭐ out of 5⭐. I loved this book, this story, and these characters, and devoured it in one sitting.
I received this ARC for an honest review.

2 comments: