Thursday, May 31, 2018

Book Tag: May Wrap Up

Every month i was planning on doing a monthly wrap up, and recap the books i read for the month, along with my top reads. My top reads for April were Needing Him by Kennedy Fox, Let's Get Textual and I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter and Spider by Ilsa Madden-Mills. 
Seriously, I loved them all. (You can find my full recap Here).
In May l I read a total of 09 books. 

The first book to kick off my May reads was Bane by LJ Shen. It is a standalone in the Sinners of Saint series, and I absolutely loved it. This book was Pure Shen Gold. I can't wait until it can grace my shelves & join the others because i absolutely loved it, despite my wariness going in. It brought on so many feels. It had great side characters and of course cameos from a few other characters... Plus some great lines. I think i highlighted my whole book.
Seriously, if you love assholes, surfers, tattooed bad boys? Then you will love Bane. 5 ⭐ out of 5⭐ review

Then i started in on a Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas which is the first novella following the a Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy. This book felt like coming home. Jumping bsck in with beloved characters, and firmilar places. Honestly loved this book. 5⭐ out of 5⭐ review

Then I moved onto Filthy Gods by R. Scarlett. This was the first book in the American Gods series following an elite few in the American Gods group at Yale. This book focuses on Nathanial and Juliette. It was a wuick sexy read, but i was pulled out of the story some with the fact that the main character shares my daughters name. 4⭐ out of 5⭐ review

After that i jumped into Crowned With Guilt which is SK Rose debut novel. And this is a must read. Seriously, amazeballs. Its a "stop what your doing and grab this book right away" read. I absolutely loved it, and had me run through an array of emotions while reading this book. 5⭐ out of 5⭐ review

Then i got Sundays Are For Hangovers by K Webster and JD Hollyfield. This was a perfect enemies to lovers, hot nerdy neighbor read. It was funny, sweet and sexy. And I absolutely loved the chapter titles. 4.5⭐ out of 5⭐ review

I then started in on Defenseless Hearts a tender hearts novel by Meagan Brandy. This story follows Parker and I adored it! I love thelove, friendship, and family that was in this book. 4 ⭐ out of 5⭐ review

Then I started in on We Are the Stars by Teagan Hunter. It was rereleased with a new cover and 20,000 extra words. I loved it. Brought on so many feels. Loved Carsen, and Adored how quirky Elliot was. 4.5⭐ out of 5⭐ review

After that, I read an Arc for Cheat Codes by Emily Goodwin. I absolutely love Emily Goodwin's books, and this was no different. I loved this book. I loved the characters both main and the side characters, and love the story. Quinn was quirky, and cute, and geeky and I loved her character. Archer was a sexy doctor. 4.5⭐ out of 5⭐ review

And I finished off the month with Part-Time Lover by Lauren Blakely. Let me say Lauren Blakely is a new to me author. After reading the blurb, my interest was intrigued and I had to know what happens next. It was a great, fun, sexy and light read. 4⭐ out of 5⭐ review

For awhile I was having problems with my Kindle, so it stunted some reading and I hope that it stays resolved. As for this first weekend in June I won't get anything in book wise, since we are going away but I will be jumping into a new book as soon as we come back! 

Question:: 
What was your favorite book that you read in May? Let me know in the comments below! 👇 

No comments:

Post a Comment