Friday, August 31, 2018

Book Tag: August Wrap Up

Every month i was planning on doing a monthly wrap up, and recap the books i read for the month, along with my top reads. My top reads for July were young Love by Alyson Santos, Four Day Fling by Emma Hart, Someone Else's Ocean by Kate Stewart, End Game by Emily Goodwin and my rereads of Broken by Ellie Messe and Crowned With Guilt by S.K. Rose
Seriously, I loved them all. (You can find my full recap Here).
In August I read a total of 10 books. 

The first book I read was the Room Mate by Kendall Ryan. I enjoyed this book. And although it wasn't my favorite and there was much to be desired it was still a great read. 3.5⭐ out of 5⭐. Review


Then I moved on to Wild by Nanna Malone and M Malone. This book was a quick read. I love best friends sibling books, it has that touch of forbiddeness, and sometimes even has that hint of fun or lightness to it. The dynamic to Talia and Cage was a little more rushed than I would have liked but still a great fun read. 3.5⭐ out of 5⭐ Review


Filthy Fight by Alta Hensley was next. I really enjoyed this story from Alta Hensley. It wasn't as dark as some of her other work, but was still a great read, taking place in the world of boxing. 4⭐ out of 5⭐. Review

Next I read Fallen Crest High by Tijan. At first I wasn't sure if I would like this book or not, but it was recommended time and time again, and I enjoyed similar books so I thought I would give it a go. It was filled with so much drama- family drama, friend drama, boyfriend drama, school drama- you name it, it was in here. I can't believe there is still 6+ books out after this one- I am itching to find out what happens next. It's like a soap opera, or car crash. You see what is happening before you, but you can't look away. It's crazy and the only thing you can do is hold on for the ride! 4⭐ out of 5⭐. I want more. More Mason, more Logan and more drama. Review

After I jumped into the Wrong Blaze by Meagan Brandy. Oh my God. Let me just say I LOVED this book. It sent me on a emotional rollercoaster and had me raging This book was amazing. Sooo let me just say. Read. This. Book. Seriously. grab it up - baraccade yourself in your room, no distractions and read. 5 scorching hot ⭐ out of 5⭐. Review

Then read Cocked and Loaded by Jordan Marie. It was definitely impulsive on reading just because of the cover alone! And the blurb pulled me in. Overall a good fun read, even if I hadn't realized it was part of a series beforehand. 4⭐ out of 5⭐. Review

Then I jumped into But First, Coffee by Sarah Darlington. Their romance moved quickly, and had hot and cold moments, when one or the other had insecurities come to light. But over all was a great work romance read. 4⭐ out of 5⭐. Review

Then I read Dirty Headlines by LJ Shen. This book was amazing. I love a good enemies to lovers romance and this book delievered- even offering up more with secrets, lies, and scandals waiting within the pages. I loved the dynamics between Celian and Judith. I loved their rivalry, and their story. 5 headline ⭐ out of 5⭐. Find out just how dirty a work romance can be. Review

Then I read Black Wings Beating by Alex London. I will admit it was a bit of a slow start for me. Once I got into it I really enjoyed it. Over all it was a great read. 4⭐ out of 5⭐. Review

Lastly I read Nightingale by Amy Lukavics. I liked the mystery and suspense of the book. And feel this is the perfect fall read, if you are looking for a mild thriller. It was a little strange, a little terrifying, and a little frustrating all in one and wasn't at all what I expected. If you like sci-fi, monsters, or stories set in the 1950s with bad medical practices and young women who want to break the mold of who they are suppose to be this may just be for you. 4⭐ out of 5⭐. Review

No comments:

Post a Comment