Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Review: the Revenge Plan

Title: The Revenge Plan
Author: Linda Kage
Release Date: May 29



After I caught my boyfriend cheating, I tried to be mature about it with an amicable split. But he took his retaliation too far, and I have officially had enough. No more Miss Nice Haven.

No one is allowed to lie to me, betray, embarrass, and devastate me, fill me with self-doubt, or put my future at risk, and expect to get away with it. He is going to feel my wrath.

Enter Wick Webster, his archenemy.

Nothing would provoke my ex more than to see me moving on with the one guy he hates most, so that’s exactly what I plan to do.

The only hitch in my brilliant scheme is Wick himself. He’s just gotta be all love-not-war and peace-is-the-only-way. He’s more concerned about helping me heal than seeking my sweet revenge.

And what the hell is it about his soothing presence and yummy looks that calls to me until I forget how much pain I’m in? He’s making it awfully hard to use and abuse him for my malicious means. The damn guy is making me fall for him.


Haven walks into her apartment, with her arms full of groceries only to wonder if her eyesight is decieving her. Surely, it couldn't be seeing her boyfriend of three years, having sex with her roommate on her couch. So she runs, literally into Wick's arms. Wick is her now-ex-boyfriend's archenemy, and the perfect guy to use when she decides to seek her sweet revenge, after he tries to ruin her life. Wick doesn't mind being used for rebound sex, if it will help Haven heal, but he doesn't want to be used in her revenge plans. And even though Haven doesn't actually know him all that well, she feels safe and can trust him, and even starts to fall for him. Will she end up getting revenge on her ex for ruining her life, or will her plans back fire?
This book was definitely entertaining. I couldn't put it down. Haven was blindsided by how truly awful her boyfriend was, until the evidence was staring at her in her face. As Haven spirals, there is one soothing constant always there on the sidelines looking out for her. Wick. He helps Haven when she needs it most. He is sweet, caring, and protective. Does he have alterior motives to his actions? Because surely, with everything her ex has said about him, and him helping her- a complete stranger, he must want something, right? This book has drama, with humor sprinkled amongst the chaos. I stayed up far later than I should have because I shipped Wick and Haven and wanted to know if they got together in the end, or if she ended up extracting revenge on her ex after all. It was definitely worth the read. 4⭐ out of 5⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment