Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Review: Styx & Stones

Title: Styx & Stones
Author: Carmen Jenner
Release Date: Sept 3

Blurb:


A heartbreaking mature YA novel from the author of the bestselling contemporary romance, Harley & Rose.
Cancer sucks … and then you die.
Alaska Stone is a walking wet dream.
My wet dream.
For years, I’ve watched her in the halls, wanted her, but she never knew I existed.
Not until she walked into my chemo session.
For me, it was love at first sight.
For her? It might take a little longer.
But hey, it’s not like we’re on a deadline or anything.



Review:

Where do I even begin with this book?!
Styx Hendricks has had a crush on Alaska Stone for years, from afar. But Alaska never noticed him, not until she walked into his chemo session.
This book is about two teenagers who are just trying to live while dying. They want to be just normal teens, just for a little while- before their cancer claims them. I fell in love with Styx from the very first page. This book was heartbreakingly beautiful. It punched me right in the feels, and made me cry. But it made me laugh too. Styx and Stones were made for one another. I still have no words to describe this book. It was tragic, and sad, but still an amazing read.
"Stones was unlike any teen I'd ever met. We thought we had forever. We were wrong. Sounds like some fucked up Romeo and Juliet shit, right? Only it wasn't the Capulets and Montagues trying to keep us apart. It was life. It was cancer. But don't feel bad, because despite making my grand exit at the tender age of eighteen, I lived. If nothing else, I lived."
5 heartbroken ⭐ out of 5 ⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment