Skip to main content

Review: the Punk and the Plaything


Title: the Punk and the Plaything
Series: When Rivals Play
Author: BB Reid
Release Date: Dec 5


Blurb:


From bestselling author B.B. Reid comes a riveting, second chance romance…
Never trust a nice ass and a smile. That girl is definitely poison.
When I first came to Blackwood Keep, I was just looking for a thrill.
Instead, I found a beautiful fraud—a tomboy my wildest dreams couldn’t conjure.
Bee didn’t just run with boys; she ran the boys. It was only a matter of time before I gave chase.
It took one summer for me to win her over and two to lose her forever.
My summer love turned ice queen. Without heart or thought, she ruined me.
Four years and an ocean between us, I still can’t forget that she chose my cousin…so I won’t.
When the clock strikes twelve, you’re mine, Cinderella.
It’s too late to turn back time.
Jameson and Barbette's story.
Are the When Rivals Play books standalone?
Each novel depicts a unique romance; however, the plots connect. It's recommended that you read them in order for the best experience.




Review:

The Punk and the Plaything is the third installment in the When Rivals Play series- and although each book is about different characters the plot behind each individual couple's story connects so they must be read in order!
The Punk and the Plaything follows Jamie and Barbette.
Jamie is Ever's cousin. With tattoos, piercings and a attitude to match- he is a punk. Who has his mind set on getting his revenge on Bee. When Jamie first came to town he laid eyes on a tomboy- a girl who not only ran with the boys but ran the boys. A girl out of his wildest dreams. She stole his heart- before shattering it, and now that Jamie is back, he is set on getting his revenge on her.
Barbette used to hate being all dolled up- until one day that was exactly what she became. She turned to her best friend Ever in her time of need, closing Jamie out of her life. Will she survive or will Jamie ruin her once and for all?


"I'm no damsel, and you're no white white . I'll save my own ass."

I had been looking forward to reading the Punk and the Plaything for months to get Jamie's story and see into who Barbette really was! She wasn't anything like I had expected at all. including being a strong female character despite everything she has been through. And Jamie was a hot tattooed and pierced a-hole. He was a jerk- but with reason behind it. It was definitely an enemies to lovers type romance- with the hate sizzling between the two- knocking their chemistry off the charts! If you are looking for a steamy enemies to lovers then you need to pick up this book! I loved these characters and this series from BB & cannot wait to see what happens next in the world of Blackwood Keep! 4 punk⭐'s out of 5⭐





Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon Worldwide: mybook.to/TPaTPBBReid


Add The Punk and The Plaything to your TBR list on Goodreads

Are the When Rivals Play books standalone?

Each novel depicts a different and completely unique romance. However, the stories and their plots are connected. It’s recommended that you read them in order for the full reading experience. 

It is strongly advised that you read The Peer and the Puppet and The Moth and the Flame before reading The Punk and the Plaything. Content suitable for ages 18+.

Read The Peer and The Puppet today!
Available FREE to read with Kindle Unlimited.


Read The Moth and The Flame today!
Available FREE to read with Kindle Unlimited.

Amazon US → https://amzn.to/2C6zlew
Amazon Univ → mybook.to/TheMothtotheFlame

Read Evermore: A When Rivals Play novella
Available FREE to read with Kindle Unlimited.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Reread: Forced Bonds

  Title: Forced Bonds  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: March 2022 They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer; What if they’re one and the same? The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion. Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am? Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences? *Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   Forced Bonds is book 4 in the Bonds That Tie series & must be read in order - you can find my Original Review Here Oh my god. Even though I...

Review: Broken Ties

  Title: Broken Ties  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: November 2025 From J. Bree, bestselling author of The Bonds That Tie comes the highly anticipated POV book that everyone has been crying out for. Even the strongest ties can be broken. 
After five years of searching, we thought nothing could compare to the devastation of our missing Bond. We were wrong. After a chance encounter, she’s been found; alive and enraged at being dragged back to the men she ran from. Made for us all, she's supposed to be the center of our world, but bringing our Bond home wasn't everything we imagined. With bravado that defies reason and lies that never taste right, nothing about our Bond’s story adds up. The Gifted community is in crisis, deception at every turn, and it’s getting harder by the minute not to show them all what we’re truly capable of. With our enemies closing in, one thing is for sure. 
 We won’t let her get away from us again. * Broken Bond is a full-...