Sunday, August 23, 2020

Review: Backup Plan


Title: Backup Plan
Series: Silver Ridge
Author: Emily Goodwin
Release Date: August 24


When we were only kids, Sam Harris and I made a promise we'd marry each other if we were still single when we turned thirty. Well, my thirtieth birthday has come and gone and I'm still as single as ever.

And as far as I know, so is Sam.

But it's been ages since we've seen each other, and after what he did to me our senior year of college, I wouldn't put his ring on my finger even if he begged me to marry him. Never mind his devilish good looks. Or the fact that the playboy partier is a doctor now.

Nope, I'm sticking to my guns with this, and when I go back to my hometown of Silver Ridge for the first time in years, I won't pay him the slightest bit of attention. Well...until he convinces me to go out for drinks to catch up. I knew it was a bad idea the moment I agreed to it.

And then he brings up our childhood promise.

It might be fun and games to him, but it's not to me. Because as much a I don't want to admit it, Sam has always been my first choice. And I don't want to be nothing more than his backup plan.



You guyyyyssss!!
So if you don't already know, I love Emily Goodwin's books, and this was no different!!
Childhood friends, Chloe and Sam made a pact as kids, that if they were both still single after thirty, they would get married to each other.
It's been years since they have talked let alone seen each other, and Chloe wouldn't dare put his ring on her finger, even if he begged her to. Never mind that he is more good looking than ever, and a doctor... He still holds on to his Playboy ways.
But when Chloe is back in their home town, they run into each other. Drinks with Sam may be a bad idea... But Chloe agrees anyways. And then he brings up their old pact.
Getting with Chloe may just be fun and games to Sam, but he has always been her first choice. And Chloe fears she is nothing but Sam's back up plan.
Seriously you guys, grab this book! It's a friend's to lovers slow burn filled with allllll the angst.
If you guys have read the Dawson Family series, you may remember Sam as Archer's friend and roommate. If you havent- then those should be your next books after this!
Sam is a Doctor in Chicago, and back in his home town to visit family. Who he doesn't expect to run into is Chloe. They have a past together. Even though they mostly ran in different crowds, they were friends, up until they moved away for college years ago. He didn't expect to see her around, but now that he did, he can't get her off his mind.
Sam was a Playboy, Chloe was dubbed as creepy and weird. He was older by two years. The timing was all wrong. And then they drifted apart. Sam wasn't going to let Chloe slip away so easily this time around.
I loved loved loved this book. I loved Sam and Chloe's relationship & the chemistry between them. Sam was a Playboy, who never wanted anything serious. Chloe was smart, and relatable and she didn't care what anyone thought of her. She was uniquely herself in everything, and I absolutely loved that. The chemistry was hot and explosive, the angst real. And I cannot wait to grab the next book to find out what happens next between these two!
If you love friends to lovers romance filled with allll the angst and insane chemistry then you need this book! 4⭐ out of 5⭐.







Amazon: https://amzn.to/3iP0qH2
Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/BackupPlanEG
Apple: https://apple.co/2ZVPcbi
Nook: https://bit.ly/2W5GNRn
Kobo: https://bit.ly/3iMHUPI

Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/BackupPlanGR

No comments:

Post a Comment