Skip to main content

Review: The Villain

 


Title: the Villain

Series: Boston Belles

Author: L.J. Shen

Release Date: December 16



To marry or not to marry Boston’s favorite villain?


The Villain, an all-new dark and decadent love story from USA Today and #1 Amazon bestselling author L.J. Shen is available now!


Cruel. Coldblooded. Hades in a Brioni suit.

Cillian Fitzpatrick has been dubbed every wicked thing on planet earth.

To the media, he is The Villain.

To me, he is the man who (reluctantly) saved my life.

Now I need him to do me another, small solid.

Bail me out of the mess my husband got me into.

What’s a hundred grand to one of the wealthiest men in America, anyway?

Only Cillian doesn’t hand out free favors.

The price for the money, it turns out, is my freedom.

Now I’m the eldest Fitzpatrick brother’s little toy.

To play, to mold, to break.

Too bad Cillian forgot one, tiny detail.

Persephone wasn’t only the goddess of spring; she was also the queen of death.

He thinks I’ll buckle under the weight of his mind games.

He is about to find out the most lethal poison is also the sweetest.



Gahhh!!! Where do I even begin to explain this book?!?!

Cillian Fitzpatrick is cruel, cold-blooded, and wicked. Dubbed by the media as the Villain. 

Persephone Penrose is sweet, pure, quiet, but has a backbone. Often compared to Hades wife, and the goddess of spring, but also forgot that she was the queen of the underworld too. 

Cillian was everything. He was wicked and cruel. He didn't care about anything except his business making money. 

Persephone was amazing. She may have been quiet and sweet but she also had a backbone and pushed Cillian when needed. 

I absolutely loved Cillian and Persephone together. They were explosive and steamy and perfect. My heart went out to Cillian, and fell in love with their story.

"But what are villains, my dear wife, if not misunderstood heroes?" 


5 "cloud wish" ⭐ out of 5 ⭐. 







Add The Villain to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/LJVillianGR


PURCHASE


Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3lWU0pT

Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/TheVillain

Amazon Paperback: https://amzn.to/3757c81


For more information, join L.J. Shen’s reader group:  http://bit.ly/2lTnonw

Stay up to date on all release news. 

Follow L.J. Shen on Instagram: https://bit.ly/LJShenIG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Reread: Forced Bonds

  Title: Forced Bonds  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: March 2022 They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer; What if they’re one and the same? The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion. Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am? Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences? *Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   Forced Bonds is book 4 in the Bonds That Tie series & must be read in order - you can find my Original Review Here Oh my god. Even though I...

Jan 2nd 2026 Newsletter

  Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday 😊!!  So it's been awhile since my last newsletter. - I'm unsure if this will be a weekly, bi weekly or monthly thing yet, bc it's a lot of work, but we'll see what the year brings. But let's start the new year with a Meet The Reader  Hi, my name is Natasha - my bday is January 3rd! I am a mom, & reader. I have a 10 - almost 11- year old daughter who also loves to read & a dog named Skye & a cat named Sunny and 4 goldfish. Besides books I also love Supernatural, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Marvel & Disney. My favorite season is Autumn & I love Halloween. You will most likely catch me listening to 2000's punk or emo music or other 90s-20s music - I rarely listen to music newer than 2015.  I am a mood reader - meaning I am constantly picking up & putting down books trying to find something that hold my attention,& I will read anything from YA/NA, to fantasy, romantasy, romance, da...