Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Review: Scoring Chance

 


Title: Scoring Chance

Series: Carolina Comets

Author: Teagan Hunter

Release Date: October 20, 2022



Scoring on the ice? Piece of cake.
Scoring off it? Well, there’s a reason I’m still a virgin.

I’m not entirely clueless with women, though I do tend to put my foot in my mouth around them far too often.

Like I did with Scout, the donut maker I stupidly introduced myself to despite visiting her truck for years.

Maybe my teammates have a reason to call me the dumb one, but I’m determined to prove them all wrong—Scout included.

I want to be her friend. Want her to see the real me.

What I’m not expecting is to like her so much when we start spending time together…or want to kiss her so badly.

I’m the jock, and she’s the bookworm.
On paper, we make no sense together.

But maybe I have a scoring chance with her after all.

SCORING CHANCE is a standalone hockey romantic comedy. There's a virgin hero, a secret crush, wit, steam, and a whole lot of fun!



If you are looking for you're next romcom that is spicy & sweet, then this is it!

Grady Miller is a notorious flirt, but is clueless when it comes to women- his biggest secret being he is still a virgin. He has been frequenting Scout's donut truck for years, yet when he sees her outside of her truck at a party, he introduces himself as if they never met. There is a reason his teammates call him the dumb one- but Miller wants to prove them wrong. 

Grady is a jock - his whole life has been all about Hockey. But there is more to him then just his skates. He may be a bit akward, but it's endearing. He does have a tendency to be over-the-top and exasperating but he is also sweet and just good. 

Scout is the owner of the donut truck that Grady & his team love to frequent. She's nice, and sweet, had been crushing on Grady since he first started visiting her truck, and a bookworm. But she has also closed her self off three years prior and doesn't do much besides work and when she gets the chance read. She hasn't really gotten out and lived. 

But Grady, he makes her feel alive. So she decides even though he messed up, to give him a chance. They start as friends and move into something more- but can she open herself up to being vulnerable again or is the closest thing she has to love be the books she reads? 

I loved Grady & Scout's book. It was fun, cute & sweet with a little bit of spice. I loved the back & forth between the characters, & seeing their relationship develop & grow. Grady may not always think before he speaks, & may get on everyone's nerves-& often- but it's endearing & you can't help but love him for it. I also loved seeing the past characters again, making an appearance, & the little hints for the next book. It was a light fun read & perfect to snuggle up with. I couldn't put it down & definitely recommend it! 

5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

3🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 

No comments:

Post a Comment