Friday, November 11, 2022

Review: Wicked

 


Title: Wicked

Author: Amo Jones

Release Date: November 7



I remember the day he walked through our front door, bloodied and broken with the kind of torment that breeds, but never dies. Papa had one rule for him. Stay away from his daughter. 


He didn’t. 


Years later, he crashes back into my life and tears down all of the walls I built up around myself. We’re both hiding secrets, but when the mafia world collides with the MC world, the shrapnel could destroy everyone around us. 


Now the president of the Chicago chapter, not even I was prepared for his return. He's going to see that I’m no longer the precious princess of the Cosa Nostra, and I won’t play his games anymore. 


He’ll play mine. 


This is a story about two souls destined to be together, but who are trapped in bodies that hate each other. It’s what happens when you both let love kill you.



Ruby La Rosa is the Princepessa of one of the biggest Mafia families- a family that has many secrets that come out once Ruby takes over leadership- with a few secrets of her own.
Wicked is a lost boy that Ruby's dad took in & made a Made Man out of- his only rule don't touch his daughter. But Wicked has never been one to follow orders. Now head of the MC, he's back and stronger than ever. But will his secrets come back and haunt him? 
Will these two who hate each other find their way to love, or will death claim them first? 
So as with any Amo book, the secrets play throughout the book and your left piecing the pieces together until the very end. I have been in a huge book slump for weeks, so I was glad to finally have found something to pull me out of it,but even now, after finishing the book I still don't have all the answers. I don't know if I just am missing something, or not taking in all the details because I've been sick the past few days or if it's just that not everything was addressed. Either way, I'm left with questions without answers. 

You don't need to read any of Amo's books to enjoy this one- it is a standalone- but characters from both Sicko and Antichrist make appearances in this, so if you want to know more about them, then definitely pick up their books too. 
As for these characters - you don't see everything about them, you are fed a little of their stories at a time but by the end still miss some details. 
All in all it was a good read, not my favorite from Amo but still a bit dark & twisted just how I like it. If your looking for a dark Mafia/MC crossover then I recommend Wicked. 
4⭐ out of 5⭐. 

No comments:

Post a Comment