Friday, March 24, 2023

Review: Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series (reread)

 




Title: Dark Fae

Series: Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac 

Authors: Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: October 2019




What do a heartless Dragon Shifter, a cold-blooded Basilisk, an arrogant Lion Shifter and a brooding, tattooed Harpy have in common...?

Me. Elise Callisto. Vampire. Angel of vengeance. And a girl on a mission to destroy one of them for murdering my brother. I just don't know which one did it yet.


When I kicked the ass of a Werewolf who was high on a new and dangerous drug called Killblaze, his final words painted a dark reality for me. 


The King of Aurora Academy killed my brother. 


The trouble is, there's four kings at that school and each of them have motive and cutthroat natures.


Aurora Academy isn't a place for the faint of heart. To put it lightly, my town is the asshole of Solaria where the dodgiest Fae in the kingdom reside. The school itself is divided by the two gangs who run this town. The Lunar Brotherhood and the Oscura Clan. And guess what? Two of the kings run the gangs at the school, their hatred for each other so fierce I hear a day doesn't go by without blood being spilled in the halls.


I might be a petite, lilac-haired girl who looks like a fragile doll, but they haven't been introduced to my fangs yet. And they don't know why I'm really here. Or that I'll do whatever it takes to bring down the Fae who took my flesh and blood from me.


I don't believe in fate, but I do know this... the King who killed my brother is a dead man walking. And I'm prepared to sacrifice my heart, body and soul to ensure I get my revenge .


This is a reverse harem series set in the world of Zodiac Academy four years before the Vega Twins were Awakened. Expect some character cross-over, dark and hot romance, and a twisted murder mystery which will leave your head spinning.



So, I absolutely love this series, & decided to reread it before starting ZA for the first time. I loved returning to the Solaria world, and these characters. 

Elise enrolls at the school her brother went to, to try to find answers about what happened to him. She doesn't know much except the answers lie with one of the four kings of the school. 

Gabriel was a Harpy with many secrets to his name. Rarely speaks to anyone. 

Leon was a lion shifter and part of the famous theif family. 

Dante was a dragon shifter and head of the Oscura Clan. 

Ryder was a basilisk shifter and head of the Brotherhood- rivals to the Oscuras. 

Each we're cutthroat and had motive to kill Elise's brother. So the only way Elise can get answers, is by getting close to each of them. But will searching for answers lead to her death, or will she find more than what she"s looking for? 

I love Elise- she's witty and strong. Ryder is dangerous and cruel. Leon is funny and playful. Gabriel is quiet and reserved. Dante is charming and fierce. I loved meeting them all again- and can't wait to read more of their story. If you love the paranormal & why choose romance sprinkled with mystery then I definitely recommend these books! 

5 ⭐ out of 5⭐. 

3๐ŸŒถ️ out of 5๐ŸŒถ️. 



Title: Savage Fae

Series: Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac

Authors: Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: December 2019




There's more to my brother's murder than I realised...

Shadows in the halls, mysteries lurking around every corner.

Whoever killed him is covering their tracks well.

And now I'm walking a dangerous line between getting close to the four kings for information and wanting to crawl deeper under their skin for my own desires.

I can't trust anyone.

I can't let my guard down.

And I must keep the urges of my body separate from my heart.

But I'm starting to break all of my own rules.

I just hope I'm not falling for my brother's killer.



Elise is getting closer to each of the King's of the Academy in her hunt for answers... But she is also starting to care for each of them in turn- Could Elise be falling for her brother's killer? Hunting for answers, is only raising more questions as she uncovers more secrets. 

I loved my reread of Savage Fae- getting more into the story and the characters & finding out the answers as Elise hunts for them. And I cannot wait to dive into the next book to fall in love further with these characters and story all over again. 

5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

4 out of 5๐ŸŒถ️



Title: Vicious Fae

Series: Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series

Authors: Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: February 2020



The King will fall.

While I continue my hunt for the Fae who killed my brother, I have to try to keep my heart away from the vicious boys who could be responsible for his death. 

But as my investigation leads me down a dangerous road and answers seem closer than ever before, I'm whisked away to the elite school, Zodiac Academy, with the four Kings and my heart becomes more vulnerable than ever.


Elise is getting closer to finding answers about her investigation in her brother's death - but it is proving to be dangerous, especially when the guys she may be falling for, may be his killer... Can Elise find what she is looking for, or will her vulnerability be her downfall? 
This book took me a while to get through. It is definitely girthy, and it didn't help that I hardly was able to read at all in January. But once I was able to pick it up and focus on it I of course enjoyed it (again). 
I love these characters & story line & love being immersed in this world all over again! Cannot wait to continue this story. 5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

4๐ŸŒถ️ out of 5๐ŸŒถ️ 



Title: Broken Fae

Series: Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series

Author: Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: August 2020



Me and my kings have come as close to breaking as I ever could have feared.


Just as we were finding a way to get past our difficulties, the stars have torn us apart. Can I fight against the will of the heavens or does fate have something unforeseen in store for me now?


While we'e reeling from the wheel of fate and trying to find a way to move on with our lives, our enemies are only growing more powerful.


Felix Oscura is haunting Alestria with his bloodthirsy need to steal the power of the clan he was never destined to rule over. And the illusive King is growing closer to their goal of taking control of the entire city and maybe even beyond.



With challenges around every corner and the mysteries behind my brother's death slowly starting to unravel, will I be able to piece everything together and find a way to overcome the will of the stars before it’s too late?



I've read this book multiple times & it still draws out the emotion in me, even though I know what is going to happen. I still cry ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I love this book, this series & these characters so dang much & I can't get enough of them. And I can't wait to dive into the last book of the series & continue on with the wild ride of these characters. 

5⭐ out of 5⭐.

4๐ŸŒถ️ out of 5๐ŸŒถ️



Title: Warrior Fae

Series: Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac 

Authors: Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti

Release Date: April 2021



I once thought one of my ruthless boys could be the killer I’m hunting. They’re all dark, deadly and more than capable of brutality.


But now I’m held by the King I’ve been stalking in the shadows and when I unmask him, he’ll realise he made a huge mistake in taking my brother from this world.


My Kings are coming for me, I know that in my soul. They’re on their way to rip me from my enemy’s arms and tear him apart for me.


My heart beats to the sound of their names.


But I won’t wait around to be rescued. Everything has led me to this moment and I’m ready to destroy the Fae who stole my brother from me.


Secrets will be uncovered. Destiny will be decided. Death will deliver us all in the end.


No one will escape the conclusion of this story without blood on their hands. I guess it’s a good thing I’m a Vampire then, because I just so happen to have a taste for blood.


Start with series with book one, Dark Fae.



So I have been slowly making my way through this series since January. I've been in a massive book slump and just needed the comfort of characters & stories that I have come to love. This story makes me laugh, and makes me cry and I love every crazy heartstopping moment of it. I love this story and these characters and can't wait to dive into Zodiac Academy for the first time soon! 
5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

4๐ŸŒถ️ out of 5๐ŸŒถ️


Trigger Warnings: Natasha ReadsBooks: Trigger Warnings (www.natashateadsbooksbookblog.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment