Sunday, April 9, 2023

Review: Forced Bonds

 


Title: Forced Bonds

Series: The Bonds That Tie series

Author: J. Bree

Release Date: March 2022




They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer;


What if they’re one and the same?


The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion.


Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am?


Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences?


*Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations.



I. Am. Not. Happy. 

I just finished and I am sobbing. 

I don't even know what to say. 

I was exhausted before finishing the book, having stayed up days reading the series with very little sleep, but now I'm also emotionally exhausted as well. I need absolutely need to continue to know what happens. I need answers ... I need... To know. But I also need a break too, so I'm lost and don't know what to do. 

But this book picks up with Oli as she continues to bond with each of her Bonds & also deal with her enemies & keeping her found family safe, which is easier said then done, especially when they hit a little close to home. 

I love this story and these characters - and Nox is still my favorite, even though he's the one we know the least about. Even though he's the one who has been the worst towards Oli through it all. I have a tendency to fall for the broken guys, their trauma calling to me, embedding themselves in my heart. The ones who need the love the most. And Nox is no different. 

I should have taken the warnings. The build up and the clues. I should have stopped reading during the calmness before the storm. Because that ending destroyed me. I love books that can make me feel, and this one- especially the ending - definitely delivered. I need my answers -and more from these characters.  

5⭐ out of 5⭐. 

4🌶️ out of 5🌶️. 

Trigger Warnings: NatashaReadsBooks: Trigger Warnings (www.natadhareadsbooksbookblog.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment