Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Review: Unstoppable

 


Title: Unstoppable

Series: Pretty Liars duet

Author: K.A. Knight

Release Date: March 10, 2023



My father is a genius.

A scientist determined to unlock the human potential.

Only his experiments?

He conducted them on me.

I managed to escape his cruel, painful control, and for years I hid.

Until one day, news comes of his death.

Along with the fact his experiments are still being carried out.

This time I cannot run, I cannot hide.

I must stop them once and for all.

He thought he was invincible…. but me?

I’m Unstoppable.


*Unstoppable is the first book in the Pretty Liars duet. Both books touch on heavy subjects and we advise readers to check out the trigger warnings first.*



Nova was on the run. She was one of her father's experiments. But when he passes, Nova comes back to make sure, and try and reconnect with her sister. What she doesn't expect to find, is others like her. Guy's who were experimented on. Or the news that there are still experiments still being carried out. So Nova must make a choice. She could go back to her life on the run, or join forces and try and stop the experiments from continuing on. 

So, in the beginning I did really like this story. It had a decent storyline, and was a decent dark read going in. But as we went on the guy's personality started to blend together and I am unsure if one of them is Dmetri (99) or Dimitri (47) bc it is spelled both ways multiple times throughout the book.  Usually spelling mistakes doesn't bother me, and I can ignore it, but bc it was so often, it really stood out and I didn't know which was the correct spelling for the character's name or not, so it was distracting. But about 60% or so, I unfortunately started losing some interest in the story, and it took me longer to finish the ending than it should have been. 

If you are looking for a dark why choose romance, with some plot & lots of smut than this might be right up your alley. I did enjoy the story, and wanted to love it, but I didn't really connect with any of the characters. 

Overall, I give it 3.5 ⭐ out of 5⭐. 

5🌶️ out of 5🌶️. - s*x over plot, in detail, all the k!nks, spice, dirty talk, etc. 


Tropes: 

→ dark romance 

→ why choose romance 

→ paranormal romance 

→ dystopian romance 

→ suspenseful 

→ found family 

→ military 


Trigger Warnings

No comments:

Post a Comment