Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Review: Body Check

 


Title: Body Check

Series: Seattle Serpents 

Author: Teagan Hunter

Release Date: September 7




Blurb:


I have two goals this season:

Be named captain of the Seattle Serpents.

Stay single.


I’m right on track…until she happens.


Auden Sinclair.


We’re stuck together for a night when our plane is forced to make an emergency landing, and that’s all the promise we make—one night, then we go our separate ways.


Except she pops up again.

Then again.


Suddenly, she’s everywhere. In my head and in my bed, completely taking over my life and ruining all my plans with her quippy comebacks, her smarts, and a body that fits against mine just perfectly.


The problem? Auden is off limits. Forbidden. Strictly in the DO NOT TOUCH zone. She goes against all the rules, but never have I wanted to bend them as badly as I do when it comes to her.


This might be one battle I’m not going to win…



What you can expect...

- Grumpy hockey hero

- Billionaire heroine

- One-night stand

- Super fun text threads

- STEAM

- Light angst



Review: 

So I have been in a book slump for months now. Between seasonal depression (yeah I get it in the summer), my daughter being home over summer break, & now her getting ready to back to school I just haven't really read much these past few weeks unfortunately. 

But one of the books I made sure to pick up was Body Check. I definitely felt the loss after the Carolina Comets series ended, which surprised even me, because I am not normally a sports romance kind of girl, but I fell in love with the world and sport and didn't want it to end. So when there was talk of a new series, I was nervous but excited. Could I possibly love another (fictional) team like I did the Carolina Comets? 

If you have read any of Teagan's books in the past, you will surely love this new series. She brings her signature banter, wit & texting to the storyline. Plus the characters are cute, charming and relatable. I couldn't put the book down, and fell in love with the new characters, new setting, and new team. It was such a fun story, that had me smiling throughout not to mention deliciously steamy that was the cherry on top. Body Check was a great intro to the new series, perfect for all fan's new and old, those who have been around Teagan's work before, or are new to her books. If you love hockey, grumpy/sunshine trope or one night stand trope, & cheesy in the best possible way romcoms, you will love Body Check. 

4⭐ out of 5⭐. 

3🌶️ out of 5🌶️. - multiple detailed scenes throughout. 


Tropes: 

→ Rom-com 

→ sports romance 

→ hockey romance 

→ contemporary romance

→ grumpy hero

→ billionaire heroine

→ one night stand

→ forbidden 

→ light angst





No comments:

Post a Comment