Sunday, March 31, 2024

Review: Defenseless Hearts (reread)

 


Title: Defenseless Hearts

Series: Fumbled Futures 

Author: Meagan Brandy 

Release Date: May 2018



After months of silence, here she stands on my front porch, waiting to be let in again. But it's the same play every time, and I know how this ends - I give her all I have and she carries it with her on the way back to him. 


I should turn her away, but I won't. Couldn't do it if I tried. 


Because no matter how many times she pops back up, pulls me in and drags me under, it will never be enough. I'll always want more. 

More of her. 

More for us. 


And she'll always choose him.



Defenseless Hearts is book 2 in the Fumbled Futures series - about Nate & Lolli's friend Parker. 

Parker gives his all to her. Every time, she comes back taking a piece of him, but every time he leaves, choosing him. And every time, Parker breaks a little bit more. Would this be the time that Parker shatters completely for this girl, or will she choose him just once? 

Parker is Lolli & Nate's best friend. He has always been in love with one girl, someone he could never have. But she keeps coming back for a piece of him, before leaving again. 

Kenra is Nate's older sister. One who has a on-again-off-again relationship with someone else. Will she finally choose Parker or will she break him by leaving again. 

I love Parker's story. The angst & emotion that it pulls out. It is such a an amazing read & I definitely recommend it. 

4⭐ out of 5⭐. 

2🌶️ out of 5🌶️. A couple scenes with some details. 


Tropes: 

→ emotional read

→ he falls first

→ best friend's sister / brother's best friend

→ slow burn 


Previous review | Trigger Warning 

No comments:

Post a Comment