Title: Honey Trap
Series: The Guild
Author: Tate James
Release Date: December 2021
THE GUILD is a new series born from the Shadow Grove world. While some characters have been met in the existing MADISON KATE and HADES series, their cameos were not crucial to THE GUILD storyline.
◆◆◆
honeytrap
noun
a stratagem in which an attractive person entices another person into revealing information or doing something unwise.
Those who have reached a certain level within the mercenary guild, know that it’s not merely a job. It isn’t a hobby or a career or a fun pastime. It’s a calling. A fucking honor.
Being in the Guild is our life.... Or death.
Not everyone is created equal, and not everyone is truly cut out for the work we do. It’s not pretty, it's not glamorous, and it’s sure as shit not moral or good. The weight of the sins we carry can become too much for some, and they crack.
When they do, they become a threat.
No one quits the Guild. Not really. Either they cut a deal to make themselves useful in another capacity, or they get eliminated.
But who, you might ask, can kill a killer?
Who scares the boogeyman into running and hiding?
Men like me.
The Guild is my life. My love. My very existence.
Anyone who poses a threat to that, is eliminated. No questions, no hesitations, no mercy.
Until her.
◆◆◆
The Guild series is a dark romance and contains scenewhy have I waited so long s that may be uncomfortable or disturbing to some readers. Please use your own discretion as to whether this is the right series for you. None of the main characters are the "good guys" and their moral code does differ greatly from your usual romance heroes. Please don't attempt to hold them to heroic standards, as they will fall short.
HONEY TRAP is book ONE of THREE in The Guild trilogy.
Why have I waited so long to read this series?
The Guild is in the Shadow Grove world with thr dark underbelly of the world - with mercenaries, hackers and arms dealers and gangs. Danny Deluna is smack in the middle of it all - trained to be one of the best Mercs she has found herself in danger for her life but no idea where it's coming from.
But she ends up partnering up with a tech bunny - a hacker, and one of the best on a job that may end up being her last. People in the guild don't get involved with one another - partly because you can never fully trust another guild member, but partly because it never goes well. The jobs always comes first. But this hacker is more than just skilled at his job. Their is underlying attraction between them.
Only when Danny's job goes south and she finds herself in an arms dealers possession biding her time until she can escape does the lines between her cover and her true self begin to blur. But being held captive and tortured is the least of her worries.
So I have been in a reading slump for over the past month and struggled with picking anything up. But I finally decided to pick up this series & now wondering why I waited so long. I loved everything I've read from Tate James - including both the Madison Kate & Hades series. So besides waiting until the series was complete, I don't know why I put it off. So far, book 1 has me hooked - on these characters and this story.
I get why everyone is closed off and keeping secrets but oh my God, I need answers and it is driving me insane not knowing 😂😂 but I love this world and am enjoying getting to know these characters plus the slow burn between every one. And I can't wait to read more - and get answers! But I will also be a little sad to wrap up this world (which may have been part of my reluctanance on reading the series, to be honest).
But if you are looking for a dark romance with high stakes and a slow burn - I recommend this book - just don't expect any answers out of anyone. But I am dying to find out what happens next between everyone.
4⭐ out of 5⭐.
3🌶️ out of 5🌶️.
Tropes:
- dark romance
- Forced Proximity
- captor x captive
- mercenaries / assassins
- menage de trios / MFM
- enemies to lovers
- gang
- obsessive/possessive MMCs
Trigger Warnings:
- kidnapping/abduction
- violence
- murder/death
- torture
- blood/injury
- stalking
- dub con/non con
- drugging
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tate James is a USA Today Bestselling Author of Contemporary Romance and Suspense Romance, with occasional forays into Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, and Urban Fantasy. She was born and raised in Aotearoa (New Zealand) but now lives in Australia with her husband and their adorable crotchfruit.
She is a lover of books, booze, cats and coffee and is most definitely not a morning person. Tate is a bit too sarcastic, swears far too much for polite society, and definitely tells too many dirty jokes.




Comments
Post a Comment