Skip to main content

Release Blitz: Close


RELEASE BLITZ
Title: Close
Author: Fen Wilde
Genre: Erotic Romantic Suspense Release Date: December 21, 2017


BLURB

Clara Black.
Therapist. Stripper. Loner.
Sultry, secretive and not looking for love.

Lucas Evans.
Businessman. Playboy. Showjumper.
Seductive, charming and used to getting the girl.
As long as she doesn’t try to get close to his heart, that is.

Drawn together by an attraction that defies their guarded hearts, they’re soon caught up in secrets, lust and lies.
A meeting that wasn’t accidental.
A death that isn’t as it seems.
A craving to get closer.

Everybody has a dark side.
But sometimes, the biggest lies are the ones we tell ourselves.

CLOSE is a dark erotic romantic suspense that explores the terribly ordinary events that break us and the beautifully ordinary things that make us whole.




GOODREADS LINK:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36154768-close
PURCHASE LINKS – 99c for release day ONLY!

US:  http://1click.bz/CloseAMZNUS
UK:  http://1click.bz/CloseAMZNUK
CA:  http://1click.bz/CloseAMZNCA
AU:  http://1click.bz/CloseAMZNAU
B&N:   http://bit.ly/2j2tDkC
Kobo:  http://bit.ly/2zD2cUO
iBooks:  http://apple.co/2Ai2zaG



EXCERPT

Prologue

Lucas

June 2016

When my mother showed me a picture of his body, the thing that struck me first was not how grey he looked, how at odds with his habitual golden glow.

Nor was it how small he looked—his six-foot frame and broad chest somehow diminished. Childlike and vulnerable. Rendered irrelevant by death.

It wasn’t even the feelings—the tsunami of feelings that would rush in later and blindside me. Given that I had barely seen him in years and had never been close to him to begin with, the feelings were surprisingly ferocious.

Those things came later. They came and hit me—less like the proverbial sledgehammer and more like a subtle self-combustion. Invisible to an observer. But damaging nonetheless. Suffocating me. Crushing me from the inside out.

But not then. Not at first.

The thing that struck me initially was that she had coolly snapped a picture. As though this was another moment in time to capture for posterity. More striking because what other mothers might have captured, she had never bothered with.

First tooth. No snap.

First step. No snap.

First birthday. No snap. No cake, either, for that matter.

But first death?

Snap, snap, snap.



AUTHOR BIO

Fen Wilde writes gritty contemporary erotic romance novels exploring the darker elements in our lives. She is a qualified social worker and works part-time as a mental health clinician for young people, and also as a private clinical consultant. She is particularly interested in the complex things that drive us toward or keep us out of connection with each other: how fragile, how beautiful, how flawed we all are. Fen lives in Melbourne, Australia with her partner, two children, and Burmese cat.
AUTHOR LINKS
Website:  https://www.fenwilde.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fenwildeauthor
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17132891.Fen_Wilde


GIVEAWAY

There is a giveaway for a $20 Amazon gift card

Rafflecopter Embed Code:

<a class="rcptr" href="http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/ba3ffd551730/" rel="nofollow" data-raflid="ba3ffd551730" data-theme="classic" data-template="" id="rcwidget_0mj1rjek">a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>
<script src="https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js"></script>

Direct Link:

http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/ba3ffd551730

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Jan 2nd 2026 Newsletter

  Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday 😊!!  So it's been awhile since my last newsletter. - I'm unsure if this will be a weekly, bi weekly or monthly thing yet, bc it's a lot of work, but we'll see what the year brings. But let's start the new year with a Meet The Reader  Hi, my name is Natasha - my bday is January 3rd! I am a mom, & reader. I have a 10 - almost 11- year old daughter who also loves to read & a dog named Skye & a cat named Sunny and 4 goldfish. Besides books I also love Supernatural, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Marvel & Disney. My favorite season is Autumn & I love Halloween. You will most likely catch me listening to 2000's punk or emo music or other 90s-20s music - I rarely listen to music newer than 2015.  I am a mood reader - meaning I am constantly picking up & putting down books trying to find something that hold my attention,& I will read anything from YA/NA, to fantasy, romantasy, romance, da...

Review: the Rake

  Title: The Rake Series: Boston Belles Author: LJ Shen Release Date: February 16 This is a DARK, royal standalone and the last book in the Boston Belles series. 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧’𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲. Emmabelle Penrose has cruised through life never needing a man, a plan that has worked stunningly well until about five minutes ago, when she decided she must have a baby. Devon Whitehall is 6’2” of premium DNA, financial security, and British royal titles. Best of all, he fears the one thing she dreads the most: getting hitched. Emmabelle figures it’s a no-brainer when Devon offers his services—sperm and involvement in her future child’s life.  What begins as an innocent, modern-family arrangement, quickly erodes into a web of lies, dark pasts, and unfurled secrets.  Inside this chaos, Emmabelle and Devon a...