Skip to main content

Review: Heartbreak Warfare

Title: Heartbreak Warfare
Authors: Heather M. Orgeron & Kate Stewart

Blurb:

Briggs,

Remember when we parted ways in Germany? It was the day I broke your heart. What you didn't know was that I was breaking mine too.

I thought they’d be enough–my husband and my son. That I’d get home and everything would go back to the way it was . . .

Before the war.
Before the ambush.
Before you.

But, no matter how hard I try, I can’t erase the trauma we shared. I can’t seem to forget the way my heart beat in time with yours.

The truth is I’m lost without you.

I thought the nightmare was over when they pulled us from that hole in the ground, but nothing could have prepared me for the war I’d face at home.
I know it’s selfish of me to ask, but, please, I have to see you one last time. . .

All my love,
Scottie

Review:

"And it's there, on that blanket under a glittering moon, that we collide."

Omg I don't even have the words to describe this book.

Katy Scott is a Sergeant, going away to war with her best friend Jessica Mullins- while leaving her family behind.
Trying to get through her self doubts and fall into her work, Katy meets Briggs, who quickly becomes a friend to her.
But what Katy faces out there is more than anyone should have to face. And now, one her way home she has to make it through a different battle. A battle of surviving. A battle with her husband and family waiting at home. At a war with her heart, which is now vying for two men instead of just one. Katy must make the hardest decisions in her life while trying to piece herself back together.

This book was an emotional ride from beginning to end. I sat here in tears as I read over the words on my Kindle. I sat here gripping my chest as I felt the emotions swarming inside me. I love a book that can make me feel, and this is it.
Both Katy and Briggs go through something tramatic. Where Katy was Strong, brave, and free, and Briggs was confident, cocky, and a shameless flirt before, they must find a way to survive after. While they were in hell they only had each other, but now their reality and lives must tear them apart. Katy back to her husband and son, and Briggs back to the only thing he knows. Can either of them survive?
Honestly I loved it.
If you love military romance,
If you love love-triangles,
If you love angst, or books brimming with emotion then you need to read this book!!
5⭐ out of 5⭐.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Reread: Forced Bonds

  Title: Forced Bonds  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: March 2022 They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer; What if they’re one and the same? The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion. Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am? Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences? *Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   Forced Bonds is book 4 in the Bonds That Tie series & must be read in order - you can find my Original Review Here Oh my god. Even though I...

Jan 2nd 2026 Newsletter

  Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday 😊!!  So it's been awhile since my last newsletter. - I'm unsure if this will be a weekly, bi weekly or monthly thing yet, bc it's a lot of work, but we'll see what the year brings. But let's start the new year with a Meet The Reader  Hi, my name is Natasha - my bday is January 3rd! I am a mom, & reader. I have a 10 - almost 11- year old daughter who also loves to read & a dog named Skye & a cat named Sunny and 4 goldfish. Besides books I also love Supernatural, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Marvel & Disney. My favorite season is Autumn & I love Halloween. You will most likely catch me listening to 2000's punk or emo music or other 90s-20s music - I rarely listen to music newer than 2015.  I am a mood reader - meaning I am constantly picking up & putting down books trying to find something that hold my attention,& I will read anything from YA/NA, to fantasy, romantasy, romance, da...