Skip to main content

Review: Beasts & Bourbon

Title: Beasts and Bourbon
Series: Top Shelf Series
Author: Alta Hensley
Release Date: Feb 1


Blurb:

My royal blood flows black with twisted secrets.
I am a beast who wears a crown.
Heir to a kingdom cloaked in corruption and depravities.

The time has come to claim my princess.
An innocent hidden away from my dark world.
Till now.

Her initiation will require sacrifice and submission.
There is no escaping the chains which bind her to me.
Surrendering to my torment, as well as my protection, is her only path to survival.

In the end…
She will be forever mine.

Beasts & Bourbon is a dark romance. If you don't like a splash of shock, a dash of taboo, and a heavy dose of sex, then don't take a sip of this Top Shelf cocktail.

The Top Shelf Series can all be read as standalones, but here is the series in order for those who would prefer to read them that way.
Bastards & Whiskey
Villains & Vodka
Scoundrels and Scotch
Devils & Rye
Beasts & Bourbon

Review:

"He was my Prince Charming in this dark lunacy, and I would wear my tiara proudly."

Prince Roman's royal blood flows back to twisted secrets and archaic ways. It is time for him to claim his innocent princess, and initiate her into the dark and twisted world, and require submission in mind, body, and soul, binding her to him for the rest of their lives. Her surrending to Roman's torment is the only path for her survival. Will Roman and his bride to be get out alive, or will they have to face the consequences of the dark world Roman is apart of?
As with all of Alta Hensley's Top Shelf Series, I enjoyed reading this book. It was dark, and twisted with a splash of taboo. I have read the Top Shelf series from the beginning and loved every minute of it, and this book was no different. I loved Prince Roman, and his dark and twisted ties, and loved his love interest Cheri.
If you love dark and twisted tales, then check out Beasts & Bourbon and the rest of the Top Shelf series today! 4.5 ⭐ out of 5⭐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Reread: Forced Bonds

  Title: Forced Bonds  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: March 2022 They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer; What if they’re one and the same? The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion. Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am? Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences? *Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   Forced Bonds is book 4 in the Bonds That Tie series & must be read in order - you can find my Original Review Here Oh my god. Even though I...

Jan 2nd 2026 Newsletter

  Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday 😊!!  So it's been awhile since my last newsletter. - I'm unsure if this will be a weekly, bi weekly or monthly thing yet, bc it's a lot of work, but we'll see what the year brings. But let's start the new year with a Meet The Reader  Hi, my name is Natasha - my bday is January 3rd! I am a mom, & reader. I have a 10 - almost 11- year old daughter who also loves to read & a dog named Skye & a cat named Sunny and 4 goldfish. Besides books I also love Supernatural, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Marvel & Disney. My favorite season is Autumn & I love Halloween. You will most likely catch me listening to 2000's punk or emo music or other 90s-20s music - I rarely listen to music newer than 2015.  I am a mood reader - meaning I am constantly picking up & putting down books trying to find something that hold my attention,& I will read anything from YA/NA, to fantasy, romantasy, romance, da...