Skip to main content

Review: Dead of Night

Title: Dead Of Night
Author: Emily Goodwin
Release Date: March 25



Never trust a vampire.

I might have learned that lesson the hard way. But when I find myself in a vampire-owned bar, I don’t have much of a choice. With vampires still trying to assimilate into mainstream society, I’ve done Lucas King a favor by stopping one of his patrons from draining a human dry in the basement of his bar. A favor he'd prefer to repay in bed than in kind.

Vampires and witches have had more than a jaded history, and when witches start showing up dead in surrounding covens, all signs point to something old and powerful. Something that knows the ways of the witches.

Something--or someone--like Lucas.

What's worse than trusting a vampire? Falling in love with one.


I have been dying to get my hands on this book from Emily Goodwin since she first announced she was writing it!
It's a paranormal romance & follows Callie, who is a powerful, witch. She stops a vampire from draining the blood of a human at a bar, and that is where she meets Lucas. A strong, old and powerful vampire. With witches and vampires natural enemies, their interest in each other is peaked. Callie may not be as strong as a vampire- but she has more power than most witches her age. When witches start showing up dead in the area, it's safe to say that Lucas makes it on her suspect list. Never trust a vampire Callie has been told... But what happens if you begin to fall for one?
I loved this story. I haven't read much in the way of paranormal romance besides a few YA novels (I'm looking at you, twilight 😂), so this was definitely new territory for me. But, I absolutely love Emily's books and writing and this was no different.
I love vampires, and Lucas was no exception. He was hot, strong and powerful and went for exactly what he wanted. I loved how strong and sassy and badass Callie and her friends (& cats!) were. I loved the story, from beginning to end, and cannot wait for the next book. I read this book non stop and not even a ghost pressence took take me away from it (I mean, my dog growling and barking at nothing screams ghost right? 🤷😂😂 No idea bc I just continued on reading!)
If you love vampires, witches, paranormal romance- or like me and new to it- then you need to read this book! It's a great introduction into paranormal romance & great for those who are already immersed in and love it. So light some candles, grab a glass of wine and prepare to jump into the sexy world of vampires and witches in Dead of Night. 5⭐ out of 5⭐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reread: Broken Bonds

  Title: Broken Bonds  Series: Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: June 2021 After the death of my mother and her Bonded, I was relieved to find my own Bonds. I was sure everything would be okay if I had them. It wasn’t. The fate of our people is in my hands and I know we’re better off if I’m alone. After five years on the run, I’m caught and dragged back to face the men I ran away from. I thought I was doing the right thing. Now, I’m not so sure. North, Nox, Gryphon, Atlas, and Gabe may never forgive me but one thing is for sure. I won’t ever forgive myself. *Broken Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   So I am rereading the Bonds that Tie series to read the newest release Broken Ties. You can find my  Original Review Here . This is a romantasy why choose romance full o...

Reread: Forced Bonds

  Title: Forced Bonds  Series: The Bonds That Tie  Author: J Bree Release Date: March 2022 They say to keep your friends close but your enemies closer; What if they’re one and the same? The stable foundation I thought I’d built in the Sanctuary has been ripped away, and I find myself on the front lines of the war against the Resistance. I might have my Bonds on my side, but there are darker schemes in motion. Can I prove myself and turn the tide to protect our most vulnerable, or am I nothing more than the monster they’ve always claimed I am? Will we make it out of this without tragic consequences? *Forced Bonds is a full length reverse harem PNR novel with material that may be difficult for some readers. This book will end on a cliffhanger. It's recommended for 18+ due to language and sexual situations. Goodreads | Amazon   Forced Bonds is book 4 in the Bonds That Tie series & must be read in order - you can find my Original Review Here Oh my god. Even though I...

Jan 2nd 2026 Newsletter

  Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a good holiday 😊!!  So it's been awhile since my last newsletter. - I'm unsure if this will be a weekly, bi weekly or monthly thing yet, bc it's a lot of work, but we'll see what the year brings. But let's start the new year with a Meet The Reader  Hi, my name is Natasha - my bday is January 3rd! I am a mom, & reader. I have a 10 - almost 11- year old daughter who also loves to read & a dog named Skye & a cat named Sunny and 4 goldfish. Besides books I also love Supernatural, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Marvel & Disney. My favorite season is Autumn & I love Halloween. You will most likely catch me listening to 2000's punk or emo music or other 90s-20s music - I rarely listen to music newer than 2015.  I am a mood reader - meaning I am constantly picking up & putting down books trying to find something that hold my attention,& I will read anything from YA/NA, to fantasy, romantasy, romance, da...